Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Caro2020 - Therapy Thread
RE: Curious about oxygen levels on Airsense10
The Resmed module will incorporate the oximetry data into its data on the SD card. You will have to import the other brand's data into OSCAR for it to display with your sleep data. You could have been looking at a member's data that had the oximetry imported.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The basic airsense does not have oximetry, but as I understand it, theres an add on (might have to purchase it that way) that provides oximetry. Downside side with oximetry built in, is an O2 sensor that has a limited lifespan. Also, I dont know how they are calibrating it, as they do degrade overtime. Maybe they have a calibration mode, I dunno. But then you'd need 21% test and 100% test gasses. Thats how those sensors are calibrated. (Its how we calibrated them for our diving rebreathers)

I use the Wellue Checkme Oxy Max unit, which is a wrist based unit with thumb sensor. Very accurate, and very fast. Actually faster than my Masimo medical grade oximeter. Neithe runits have an O2 sensor as above. They are IR based, so no degradation of the membrane as would be in an oxygen sensor

To be honest, on my resmed, I only look at mask fit and AHI.

My unit tracks 30hr of realtime HR and O2. There is an overnight unit called the Wellue Ring, thats largely for just overnight.

I download my watch into the vihealth app.

1> Check AHI and mask fit on resmed unit. Less than 5 is good. smiley face I'm good for mask fit.
2> Look at graph of O2 and HR in app. Hows it look, any clusters or events.
3> Check app results of time under 90% (I want less than a minute)
4> Check lowest O2 recorded. Look at what graph showed coming up to that event and after (or any other events)
5> Check HR at event times.

Thats it, I dont even bother with SD card and data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2023, 05:45 PM)Caro2020 Wrote: I was looking at a post recently on here, but can't remember where, but under the RERA line on the users daily report there were a few more percentages lilsted and I noticed the machine was an Airsense 11 and I thought there was a line oxygen related.  I remember asking at the place I picked my machine up, about seeing oxygen levels while you sleep and it was more like well if your AHI is good then you are fine.   But I would prefer to have a sense of where it is during sleep.

thats the downside of trusting an app that has no O2 oximetry.  Maybe you had  only a few events, but you dropped to 85, and were down there for 10minutes.

Trust but verify.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard --- and this is only a rumor -- that ResMed is working on a Bluetooth adapter for oximetry and other integrated wellness information. Unfortunately, ResMed does not regard end-users as customers and is tight-lipped about upcoming features. There is no way to confirm this -- which makes some sense as they do not want to cannibalize their current business.

I am technically eligible for a new device and am deliberately avoiding the S11 for now. I have always wondered if the S11 was rushed to market to grab marketshare from Phillips when they recalled their devices.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2023, 05:19 PM)Caro2020 Wrote: I have the Airsense10 and notice the 11 has more data on the report.  I am still deciphering the Oscar charts, but is there a way to see how your oxygen levels are while using the Airsense10 or do I need another device ?  And if so, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Hi Caro2020,
The A11 really doesn't have more data.  With the charts you were looking at, the member probably was using an overnight recording oximeter, where the data can be imported into the OSCAR charts.

They are not covered by insurance, and can be around $100.00 or more.  

Here is a list of overnight recording oximeters that are supported by OSCAR.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two sooo different nights, so confused
I decided to switch from a ResMed AirFit N20 nasal mask to a ResMed AirFit N30i nasal mask, (tubing connecting on top of head instead), because of my switching from side to side alot while I sleep which was causing quite a fight with my tubing.   The first night went well, except there was a good size leak and the next was not good.  Any one have any experience with this type of mask or see anything in the charts that would alert to why such different numbers,  thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.  I have been using my machine almost a year and while I feel overall it has been good, I still feel I have more room for improvement.  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two sooo different nights, so confused
Had another night like the second, I am just not understanding except our air conditioner has not been working well so its been very warm in bedroom last few nights and lots of waking please help if anyone sees anything in second report, I dont know what is causing the last two to be so high I have not had any this high since starting back in august. I would say its the new mask but it was good the first night Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had quite a few of the N20 masks.
I have an N30i mask too.

How do you support your hose? I have a hose buddy I think it's called. It hangs the hose above my pillow. And I put a hose wrap on the hose too. Without those two i find that my hose doesn't slide well on my mattress/pillow. Result is it pulls the mask and causes leaks.

So I bought the P30i as well....but I find it quite uncomfortable. Strange. My first mask was a nasal pilllows mask that I used for years and years.

(I've always wanted a simpler rig. I've never been able to wear a full face mask. I bought an F&P Evora Full full face mask. One night I was really tired and didn't put that mask on right. So I changed and put the N30i on. I didn't adjust it or change settings.....when I woke up in the morning my autosense S10 showed my AHI was 43! That was my score when I was first diagnosed.)

My best and most dependable mask is an N20 when it's properly adjusted, with lip tape or a chinstrap or cpap cap. My most comfortable (sometimes) is my F&P Evora Full.

Adjustment is key

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a P30i mask and I route the hose over the headboard to keep it out of the way so I have unobstructed movement left to right, and no leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did try the pillow one as well, but didn't really like it, so went with the N30i, but may try it again.  I am thinking I do need something for the hose  The machine is on my end table and it is level pretty much with my bed and I do find I am getting leaks when I am on my side so I am sleeping more on my back, which has always caused more Central Apneas.  The hose just kind of does what it wants lol.  I do like having the hose on top of my head.  Thank you both for mentioning I did not even think about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,210 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.