Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
RE: Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation
V1.1.8 is the latest version that we have at this time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just upgraded from V1.0.5 straight to V1.1.8 with no problem. Screen finally auto dims with the photocell.

Thank you for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Hi all, my auto cpap version 1.1.1 has quite bright white display when I turn on machine operate at dark room to sleep. It takes about 15 seconds, it turn to dark, is it normal ? Further, I notice that the air pressure go up very quickly to reach figure 17 cmH2O as I set the range 6 - 20 cmH2O which I can't breath and the figure never go down. Therefore, I have changed to 6 - 13.5 cmH2O which gave me better to breath and it remain 13.5 max. Before I used version v1.0.3 which gave me good impression because I can sleep within 5 minutes and didn't feel great pressure to my nose. My question is can I downgrade back to version v1.0.3 from v1.1.1, any version of v1.0.3 is available ? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Terence- I’m confused... why do you want to downgrade the Dreamstation firmware 1.1.1 when you can upgrade to 1.1.8. It’s a simple enough procedure if you follow the instructions and do not get impatient as it takes several minutes to overwrite the files. I updated my firmware to 1.1.8 and it was a big improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Terence, the firmware does not affect the pressure algorithm. You do not have a software/firmware problem. Start a new thread on the forum, and post some OSCAR charts, and we can probably help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify, Philips-Respironics makes it clear on their website that there is no downgrade path for their firmware upgrades.  This is why we have cautionary warnings all over the place in that firmware thread.

Personally, I have never taken the risk of upgrading my firmware, and would not do so unless there was something severely wrong with my machine that could be clearly attributed to an issue with the existing firmware.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all replies. Actually, my previous circuit board had internal clock issue which messy the dreammapper data. So, I had tried to fix by myself just simply change the coin battery that only I can able do. But unfortunately after changed, my machine got white screen without anything. The symptom is after a couple of flashing white display, beep sound is heard. Therefore, I sent it to repair shop and the technical guy said the circuit board was faulty need to replace. He asked me either to replace a used circuit board or buy a new one. I decided to get a used one because a brand new board is very expensive which is not worth to. Yesterday I received back the unit then just start to use it last night, a message " service required " came out with beep sound. So, I sent a message to the repair guy and asked for help. He simply told me to disconnect the power and wait for 2 mins then re-plug the cable power. So after that, machine with version 1.1.1 seems to be work but there are many things I am not satisfy:-

1) the air pressure increase very quickly from 6 - 20 cmH2O less than 2 mins time, 
2) a high pressure get in my nose made me feel not comfortable to sleep,
3) I did narrow down the range from 6 - 13.5 cmH2O but air pressure climbs up to 13.5 cmH2O and stay there forever,
4) my is auto CPAP machine, the air pressure suppose go up and down quite slowly to suit for patient to sleep easily,
5) the black display screen is very bright and turn off to dark is about 15 sec.

Sum up all above items, I think the version 1.1.1 is not as good as my old one v1.0.3. therefore I would appreciate if someone can help to provide a good solution to solve my problem. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

I have an Issue with my Philips DreamStation.
It has Firmware V1.1.8, which supposed to be from August 2019
My DreamMapper.app reports me that the MaskFit is between 99-100%.

Most of the Time, I sleep on my shoulder and then I feel a small breeze around the Mask. (When I am sleeping on my back everything is fine). Suppose the 99% is correct then the leak of air is only 36 seconds within an hour. In my Application the MaskFit should be more around 80% when I sleep on my shoulder.

My Questions:
1) Ist this a Bug of the Firmware of the Philips DreamStation or a Bug in the DreamMapper.app?
2) What is the actual version of Firmware? Still 1.1.8

Regards
Gérard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gerald,
Here is a link to the current updates, but I believe you are using the latest.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

As far as DreamMapper, I wouldn't put too much stock in what that tells you. You can also try OSCAR software.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt firmware is your issue. The "mask fit" doesn't count small leaks, only "large leaks."

Those are defined as leaks significant enough that it can't deliver your prescribed pressure. Before the DreamStation they reported it as "large leak." I guess they thought patients would worry about a low percentage (low was good), so they flipped the reporting and changed the user-facing terminology. In other words, 0% large leak = 100% mask fit.

Again, it ignores minor breezes. You can see the full leak data in OSCAR, which will graph all leaking. Leak is always greater than zero, since your mask vents a small amount, but you can see it fluctuate slightly throughout the night, along with obvious large leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 280 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 351 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar says version 1.4.0 is current KellyT928 1 604 10-25-2023, 04:52 PM
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 691 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,364 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,426 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced firmware arnold1205 5 2,868 09-15-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.