Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cushion removal from the Mask
Cushion removal from the Mask
I own the Resmed Airfit N20 mask. It works well for me with one exception. I always have an extremely difficult time detaching the cushion from the mask for cleaning. Sometimes it feels like it is welded on. Then suddenly, it releases with ease. I haven't figured out the secret to consistently removing the cushion. I do manage to get it off, but it is annoying.  Has anybody else experienced this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cushion removal from the Mask
A ResMed YouTube demo might give you their idea of how to do it.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had one heck of a time removing the cushion from the frame of my AirFit F30 when it was new. It was bordering on the point of being ridiculous. 

No matter how I approached the process, it was crazy. Now that I've used it for a few months, it's become easier. It's still a rather exact science to insure that both components are tight and properly fitted.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Maybe some day I'll get the hang of it. I actually had to replace the mask because I broke it trying to get the cushion off. I guess I'll need to be more careful going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading your posts above, I went back and analyzed how I was detaching the mask from the frame.  With the swivel elbow attached to the mask frame, I hold the elbow, placing my fingers in between the two release tabs.  I then place my fingers of the other hand on the top and bottom of the mask where the silicon seal joins with the clear plastic.  By slightly (pressing, squeezing, pinching, or compressing - pick your verb!) on this location will release the retaining lock.  Reversing this procedure aids in reattaching the mask.

I've attached an image for clarity.  

I hope this may help someone.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good info, yeah hopefully that helps out giannie.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotta say, the AirFit F30 facemask is very robust.....as in sturdy. When I first got it, I had to be pretty heavy handed in able to remove the cushion from the frame, and even more heavy handed on getting the cushion snapped back into place on the frame. 

Now that I have the hang of it, I treat it much better.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem drives my crazy.  Googled and looked at lots of videos.  Same inconsistent removal. Sometimes it pops fright out.  Other time I work for q long time trying
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 334 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 383 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 1,981 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.