Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20
Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20
Good afternoon all,
I've been using CPAP  since 2006 and until recently have had the silicone cushions for my nasal mask.  In December I moved to the ResMed AirTouch nasal mask and love the fit and comfort of the Memory Foam Cushions.  One major problem.  I can NOT remove the cushion to replace it.  I've watched several videos on YouTube, to no avail.  Does anyone ae any helpful hints on changing these cushions.  Who else has experienced difficulty in removing the cushion?  Maybe I'm just being too much of a "Rule Follower" ...I have always changed my cushions twice a month and my insurance replace the cushions this often.  Currently I still have the cushion tht came with the mask in early December.  I don't see signs of wear and tear, what do you think about not changing the cushions?  Unsure

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20
It is simple... here is another video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iEIR1dvH0

(1) Remove the elbow from the mask by pressing the side button and pulling the elbow away.
(2) Hold the frame by placing your thumb over the side slot. Pull the cushion away from the frame.

For me, the trick was to use more force and not worry about breaking anything.
The military rule applies to cushion changes -- if you have them, use them. Keep a few for backup.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cushions on ResMed AirTouch N20
Thanks, I may just need to apply more force.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 466 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 410 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 508 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 963 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,207 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.