Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DC Jack for Resmed Airsense 10
DC Jack for Resmed Airsense 10
Hi everyone, it seems that I have damaged the DC jack on my resmed airsense 10.  I can fix it, but I don't know where to get the replacement jack from.  Any ideas?  In the meantime, my Cpap can go in or out depending on the pressure I have on the cord and which way it faces.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DC Jack for Resmed Airsense 10
Is the damage in the machine or the adapter plug? It's possible you may get a repair under warranty if you have a DME supplier, otherwise, contact Supplier #27 by phone and ask for a repair estimate or if you are capable of soldering to a PCb, then they might help you with a part. If it is the AC adapter plug, those are not very expensive, and I keep a spare on hand.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it is the jack in the machine.  I solder PCBs regularly so I don't have any problems there and the jack inside is reasonably simple, it has 3-9 through hole pins that you would de-solder then re-solder(depending on which part I can get).  I had taken it apart to hopefully find something simple like a cold solder joint, but unfortunately the solder job looked good.  I suppose I could try the replacing the AC adapter first if it comes to contacting a repair outfit.  As for the warranty I am outside the 2 year warranty period.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would still put in a call to Supplier #27 and see if they will provide a spec or a part for you to use. They might just quick ship the piece you need if it is available separately.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I gave up and modded my cpap.  Just wasn't getting a good response for asking for just the part.  I used a 3 pin aviator screw on connector so the cable cannot come loose will in use.
[Image: rYHrLLj.png]
It plugs in very snug now, and haven't had any power flicker since.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very smart job well done
Post Reply Post Reply
That's really good, and solves a problem I never knew existed. I have used similar connectors for motorcycle communications.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice choice, though the use of only 3 pins (all nickel plated) might make noise in the long run-a gold or silver plated connector might have been better. The power supply input is a bad place to have added noise due to resistivity of the contacts.

I might have used an ICOM/Kenwood microphone connector, which has the same (positive) mechanical retention, but has 8 pins. The pins can be paralled to supply redundant connections, so there would be less contact resistance, therefore less potential for noise.

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,798 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.