Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DD Therapy (About to buy an ASV)
RE: DD Therapy (Centrals?)
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I may just buy an ASV machine on my own. Unless someone can convince me that there is another option or anything else I can try with my current machine . I just don’t have time to wait around on insurance companies. I am sick of being tired and the headaches. Where can I purchase one online?
Post Reply Post Reply
You could "window shop" those listed in the Supplier List at the top of the page.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend the ResMed ASV simply because many here have success, we even have some who switched from PR and prefer it.

First TELL your doctor that you really like to do an ASV with his blessing and try to get it covered by insurance and what can you and he do to expedite it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting Update:

So last night I decided to set the EPR to 3 which I have not done since the first night of therapy. After my first night I used either EPR 1 or 0 because I thought that may be causing my centrals. With EPR 3 last night I felt much more comfortable and did not have a single central in the short hour and a half of sleep that I got with the mask on last night. Could it be possible that the centrals have been caused by an issue I have exhaling against the pressure? I am wondering if that has been my issue all along. I never really gave the EPR a chance. If you look at my chart I was asleep from 22:20 to 23:55 and I had nothing but a few RERA which I am not sure means. Could someone please explain what the RERA means and if there is a way to eliminate those? Also, is there a way to remove the periods of time on my chart that I know I wasn't asleep? I would like to see a chart without the SWJ.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Something we have learned to say about complex or central apnea: it is consistently inconsistent. I am certain that EPR can make therapy more comfortable, however, I doubt it will create efficacy in your case over the long-term. Your diagnostic study had a significant central apnea component, and your Oscar charts using the Autoset show a strong complex or central apnea problem that the CPAP cannot treat.

I think a very good thread for you to read would be Technopauper's Chart Envy. You will see how he progressed from CPAP through bilevel and eventually just bought his own ASV going from results like yours to nearly zero AHI. This is your future story, or the one you will shortcut. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Chart-Envy

Please read the wiki article by Bonjour on Justifying Advanced PAP machines http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully this will help:

When asked “how are you doing?” or similar when regarding needing an upgraded device, I’ve learned the hard way that the answer should not only include how you’re doing now but how you’ve been doing. Especially convey the negative results that occur. Do not hold anything back.

Coffee

PS example of this is “today I feel x, over the past several days...these results, I felt x, I can only sleep for x minutes, hours...” fill in x for your info
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wishful thinking I guess. We will see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2019, 10:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hopefully this will help:

When asked “how are you doing?” or similar when regarding needing an upgraded device, I’ve learned the hard way that the answer should not only include how you’re doing now but how you’ve been doing. Especially convey the negative results that occur. Do not hold anything back.

Coffee

PS example of this is “today I feel x, over the past several days...these results, I felt x, I can only sleep for x minutes, hours...” fill in x for your info
I like your report Dave, of course x means you have crossed off that issue because you have solved it, AWESOME!!!!  Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2019, 06:36 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 10:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hopefully this will help:

Coffee

I like your report Dave, of course x means you have crossed off that issue because you have solved it, AWESOME!!!!  Laugh-a-lot

That’s one way of looking at it. Since, as I said, it was earned the hard way, I’m going to get a nice hot coffee.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 68 9 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 1,004 9 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,335 11 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 594 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 491 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 572 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 817 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.