Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME and data question
DME and data question
My DME sent me a new data card with a form letter saying to install the data card in my Dreamstation and send the one in it back because "the doctor requested it." The equipment has a modem and bluetooth so I called to ask why they didn't just get the data via bluetooth. The rep said that it was working and didn't know why the doctor needed the data card. I recently switched doctors and I'm pretty sure the new one did not ask for anything because I saw him recently and he did not book any checkups. The rep also could not identity which doctor requested the data card. I did as they asked. That was a couple of weeks ago. I asked a couple of times if they were calling because I'm not using the machine much because I'm getting used to my travel machine and they said there was no problem with how much I use their machine because I'm well past compliance and Medicare paying for the machine (19 months.) 

Yesterday, an executive of some sort from the DME called to say that my modem isn't working and they are sending me a new modem with instructions to install it. I said fine and would do. He did not ask if I had been using the machine or anything. It's been unplugged for a week because I've been using the travel cpap. Are they too dumb to realize that if they can't get a signal the equipment might be unplugged. Or I might be out of town? I have told them I have a travel CPAP, which they would not supply for me even for cash. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Are they being audited? Do they in fact have to supply data to Medicare despite what they told me? 

I've always found them confusing to deal with and am left with a feeling that they are only going to tell me the bare minimum and sometimes even that is not correct. Not to go so far as to say they lie, but they have been misleading at times. I feel like they are always up to something and I want to make sure it's not something that's going to affect me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME and data question
Your DME is just professionally responding to a recall on some of the DreamStation modems.  They were misconfigured at the factory and as a result are unable to transmit your information.  That may be why your doctor wants your memory card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. The modem used to work. The modem gave my new doctor good data in June; he had data to look at that he'd gotten directly from them. This is a used machine I got as a replacement for my original out of the box Dreamstation, which broke in March.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the recall: http://www.medigas.com/na/ca/mg/en/medig...1+(EN).pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 500 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  OSCAR SD data question MagnoliaSolana 3 700 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question gadgetmaniah 34 2,392 09-19-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: gadgetmaniah

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.