Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Hi all,

As you might know by reading this thread that I bought out of my pocket Resmed Auto curve machine. Once a while I used this Resmed auto Curve to see what is the different.
Here is the recently results of both machine:

I am going to have a sleep study again after 18 months using of CPAP Resmed Airsense 10. I told my doctor that Aircurve Machine is helping me sleep well than the Airsense 10. In my coming sleep study they will try both machine to prove to my insurance that Aircurve Machine is for me.

My question is how do I change my setting on Resmed Airsense 10 to make it similar to Resmed Aircurve result, also my chance of getting what I wanted? If they said no then what should I do?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, You will not be able to set, or even come close to setting, the AirSense to match your AirCurve ASV's settings.  Unlike the ASV's static EPAP setting, 4.0 in your case, and a variable IPAP, the AirSense will only allow a variable range for both EPAP and IPAP together.  Where you are employing a pressure delta of 3 to 15, the maximum delta for the AirSense is 3 (EPR).  The only time when both would match would be at the beginning, with the AS10 having a starting pressure of 7 and an EPR of 3.  Based on your screenshots, you are only in this pressure area for less than half of your sleep session.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all
As you read my previous post but saying here again.
I bought on Craigslist RESMED Auto AIR CURVE and used sometimes just to show my sleep doctor that Resmed Aircurve was helping me than CPAP.

I went thru a new sleep study when they tried both CPAP and Bilevel during the night. I was told that they will send Bilevel subscription machine to DME because of the sleep study was showing Bilevel Machine was helping me.

How would be of my chance to request my Medicare Insurance ( or DME )reimburse the machine I bought? Otherwise I just have to pay monthly for the cost of new machine and use mine as back up. Your advices would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally I get a brand new machine Aircurve 10 Vauto from my insurance suggested by my sleep doctor. 

I don't now if I had to pay monthly ( For renting this new machine like I did with My Airsense 10, share of cost 20 % has meet ?).  I also have Aircurve 10 AVS bought out of pocket.

From the first result last night from VAUTO Machine

compared to the night before From AVS Machine

Question to experts in forum is:
1- Please guide me to setting up on my new machine Aircurve 10 VAUTO  to get the perfect result like my Aircurve 10 AVS?
2- Because the AVS is for central treatment , it s it bad to use both machine interchangeable?
3- Is the AVS more expensive than Vauto?

Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both vauto and asv. I don't think there's any harm but I don't know that for sure and our circumstances are probably different. personally, I'd use whatever left me feeling the best.

asv typically results in lower ahi than apap and bilevel. I don't feel any worse with say 2 or 3 ahi with vauto than close to zero with asv though. it's fine to want to get ahi as low as possible but many have reported either no appreciable benefit from a zero ahi and in fact, some feel worse. I'm probably one of the latter. in my case I think my lower ahi's are often the result of not sleeping well from fragmentation and not reaching deep sleep, when most of my flow limitations and obstructives occur.

with vauto, many of us have had some success reducing central apnea by setting trigger to high or very high.

asv is more expensive than vauto.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
@sleepless " with vauto, many of us have had some success reducing central apnea by setting trigger to high or very high."

Look back from my  last night result, most central airs appeared at time of wake up as I could remember. How do I set up trigger to high or very high on Vauto?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
1.96 of your 2.21 ahi was central. only 2 obstructive and no hypopnea. some ca may be sleep wake junk but probably not all as they occurred throughout the night

trigger: enter clinical settings (press and hold home button and rotary dial together for 5 seconds), then settings and scroll down to trigger.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello friends
 I plan to write a letter to my sleep doctor asking to have ASV bipap machine . Here is my draft letter:

I start used Resmed VAuto since Dec 16,2021. 

Since using this new machine, I feel tired, wake up every 2,3 hour. I feel good if using my other Resmed ASV machine that I bought out of my pocket.
I am very sure the Resmed ASV is helping me more compared to the Resmed Vauto.  
Please notice the results on your side in compliance with my sleep problems. I could print out the results from Oscar, a graphic software helps thousands of people of apnea sleep problems in the world.

I would appreciate your help to write a better request to have a new subscription of bipap machine
Thank you 
Post Reply Post Reply
Could any one help me? Or i just send this draft letter to my doctor?

I thought I am going to print out these results send out to my doctor

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just my opinion, but just citing compliance ain't going to cut it. You probably need actual evidence of reduced events, lower AHI, longer sleep sessions, and an improved flow pattern. The doctor is a scientist at heart. They want to see facts and figures to support your claim. After all, they have to play, CYA.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 956 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.