Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data analysis
Data analysis
[attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823][attachment=45823]I was suggested to use CPAP 4 years back. I used it for 1 year but didnt feel any better. So I quit. Recently I have started using it again ( had 2 sleep tests done recently). Though AHI is showing less than 5, but I am not feeling any better. I feel sleepy, coffee doesnt help. I keep sleeping (12~15 hours) and still find very difficult to wake up. I have attached few recent sleepy head data. I tried to modify pressure, EPAP etc settings to see if anything feels better. But so far no godd came out of it. 

Dr recently suggested to try BiPAP but I cannot afford it at the moment as I have to buy it on my own.

Additional notes: I am very think built. 5'9", 64Kg.
I felt most comfgortable with pressure set to 6. Above that I keep waking up due to access air in stomach.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data analysis
Hi,

Something wrong with images.
Post Reply Post Reply
you need to post some data for us to help you
Post Reply Post Reply
something went wrong in the previous attachment.
please find the oscar reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached all 3 sleep test reports. 1st from 2018. other 2 are in this year 4 months apart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your name is on the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
T818,

The 2022, sleep studies are missing pages.

Thursday Nov Nov 17, may be positional apnea. Read this link. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

Your 2018 study gave a pressure of 8, that would be 8 cm with EPR off.

I don't know why you always have fixed pressure.

I would try for starters:
Auto
EPR 3
Minimum pressure: 7 cm.
Maximum pressure: 7 cm

Flow limitation can disturb sleep.

Things to try for deeper sleep:
-Cover eyes. You should not be able to dee your hand in front of your face, if you can, it is to bright.
-It say full face mask. A mask with a lot of volume may help. Mine made a big difference.
-A weighted blanket or one folded on your torso.

Even with a full mask work on keeping your mouth closed. I found it was not the pressure that cause the bloating, but opening my mouth.

If you do open your mouth even to exhale, read this: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to include the cluster of CA hopefully go away with the increase of EPR.

Do you have the graph of events, sleep position and sleep stage.

Is one sleep position better than another?
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepSmiling,
Thanks for inputs and suggestions.
I have attached the remaining pages from sleep test 2 & 3. 
I used mouth tape last night and found no air in my stomach. I am using full face mask.
I also modified the settings to APAP, Min:4, Max 10, EPAP:3. I am attaching the report in the next reply. Please let me know what changes I can make. CA events has gone up I think.

btw, my total sleeping hours are really high like 10-12-15 hrs. will it get better with time given the therapy works better?
Also I have pretty bad sleep routine mostly because I find it hard to wake up and taking naps in daytime which messes with bed time & wake time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clusters of events are possibly positional. A soft cervical collar is often helpful.

Why would you consider a BiPAP if you are not even using EPR? Try pressure 9 and EPR 3 (i.e. EPAP = 6) before considering BiPAP at the recommended EPAP 6 and IPAP 10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,396 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 867 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 251 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.