Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data import into OSCAR 1.1.1+2d69049c
Data import into OSCAR 1.1.1+2d69049c

.pdf   OSCAR preferences.pdf (Size: 51.25 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   OSCAR Import from FlashPAP.pdf (Size: 40.25 KB / Downloads: 11)
.pdf   OSCAR Import from harddrive.pdf (Size: 39.83 KB / Downloads: 9)

Happy Sunday!

First of all, thank all of you so much for this marvelously informative Forum.  What a public service!! The ready solutions I have found by reading others' posts and knowledgeable members replied insights have helped to reduce my AHI from 42.9 (in my last sleep study) to now generally under 1-2 and kept SpO2 above 90.  Also with the guidance generously provided in this forum, I have successfully setup and use a FlashPAP SD card and Contec CMS50F Oximeter for input into OSCAR on my Windows 10 PC.  All such wisdom and experience from y'all are most appreciated!

However so far I have failed to come up with on my own or find on this forum a solution to my two data import issues described below; sorry if the solution to these are obvious, redundant and/or I have overlooked a post that already explains all this:

1.  Latest daily FlashPAP data not showing in OSCAR.  I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC, which required also reloading OSCAR (I had failed to keep my drive image file up to date).  Windows 10  and everything else on my PC is now up to date.  When I reloaded OSCAR I was only able to initially import data from my FlashPAP SD card inserted into my PC.  Meaning I was unable to import from my harddrive all of the past preserved OSCAR data files on my PC.  Fortunately all the original data was still nicely on my FlashPap card.  

However, for each day after the reinstall of OSCAR, the new data imported via the FlashPAP does not show in OSCAR; UNLESS I manually "Import CPAP Card Data" into OSCAR daily from the DATALOG folder on my PC after it is imported from my FlashPAP card.  The data is nicely placed in the DATALOG folder by the FlashPAP program; it is just not picked up by OSCAR unless I manually import it daily.

As the enclosed OSCAR Preferences file attachment shows, I believe I have selected all the import choices to overcome this wrinkle.  Now instead of a full manual upload of daily data, OSCAR only requires just an additional click or two; however, not like it was. I have also included extracts from the debug log when data is imported into OSCAR from the FlashPAP, AND separately when it is imported manually from the harddrive after import from the FlashPAP.  Maybe that will give y'all a clue on what is/not happening that I cannot see.

Bottom line, is there a way to get back to seamlessly importing and viewing of the new daily data imported from the FlashPAP into OSCAR?  Please advise.

2.  Bulk re-import of SpO2 data files into OSCAR?  As mentioned above, I was unable to find a way to initially re-import my DATALOG files on my PC into the newly re-installed OSCAR. I could only import past data from the FlashPAP CD card.  In so doing, all of the daily linked SpO2 Oximeter data files saved on my PC no longer showed up in OSCAR.  (I am unsure if those CPAP data files had linked SpO2 data with them.) 

Since I have 104 past dated SpO2 data files that are timed to coincide with my CPAP data files, is there any way to do a bulk re-import of them into OSCAR?  I only see the normal individual daily Oximeter Wizard import function to do this.  And for future reference, once the Oximeter data is imported into the OSCAR along with/after the CPAP data, is there a way to ensure that data remains linked?  Please advise.

Thank you for your consideration of this request and hopeful solutions.  I have run out of ideas how to fix this.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data import into OSCAR 1.1.1+2d69049c
Hi feharris! - Welcome

FlashPAP import - First, can you connect to your FlashAir using your web browser?  If not, then that is where your problem is.  If you can connect, then look in your FlashPAP directory for a file type of ".fpap".  Depending on the username, it could be something like, "feharris.fpap".  It is a text file and can be easily edited.  Make sure that all the parameters are correct.  Especially, the "Destination" directory.  In OSCAR, you will need to import the data from this directory.

A little side note: Resmed A10 series devices have a power save feature that can be activated by holding the On/Off button too long.  If you recycle the power plug, it should turn it off.

Bulk import of SpO2 files - Currently there isn't any easy way of reimporting this data other than each day.  Confused  Sorry!

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson for such a quick response.  I am able to connect to my FlashAir card via my browser, but nowhere on it do I find a FlashPAP directory or a .fpap file.   This is all I see on the card:

[Moderator Note: Garbled image deleted.]

The config/setup parameters all look correct to me in each of these files.  But in none of these files is there reference to a Destination directory.  Not sure what else to do to fulfill your direction?

Please explain further what you mean when you say "recycle the power plug" on my A10?  Just plug and unplug it after waiting awhile or ?  And what benefit comes from doing that?

Too bad on no bulk import.  When I do manually import all the SpO2 files individually again, how best to preserve for future reference the SpO2 data along with the CPAP data in OSCAR?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The FlashPAP directory is on your computer, not the card. If you don't have a FlashPAP directory on your computer, reinstall FlashPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   FlashAir browser.pdf (Size: 68.5 KB / Downloads: 10)

Oops. Sorry for all the flak.  Unsuccessfully tried to paste in some screenprint images, that look just like the enclosed file.

Here is how i responded (without all the other unnecessary stuff):

Thank you Crimson for such a quick response.  I am able to connect to my FlashAir card via my browser, but nowhere on it do I find a FlashPAP directory or a .fpap file.   This is all I see on the card (see attached PDF file, please).

The config/setup parameters all look correct to me in each of these files.  But in none of these files is there reference to a Destination directory.  Not sure what else to do to fulfill your direction?

Please explain further what you mean when you say "recycle the power plug" on my A10?  Just plug and unplug it after waiting awhile or ?  And what benefit comes from doing that?

Too bad on no bulk import.  When I do manually import all the SpO2 files individually again, how best to preserve for future reference the SpO2 data along with the CPAP data in OSCAR?

Thanks!

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  Found the Flashpap directory on my computer and the .fpap file which had the correct destination directory.  But that doesn't change anything.  I also have already edited/destroyed/created new profile in OSCAR but still wind up in the same place of no new data being reported in OSCAR after import.
Post Reply Post Reply
I deleted the garbled image in your post above.

Recycling the power is exactly as you described, unplug it, wait a little while and plug it back in. This will turn off the power save mode, if it is on.

The 2 best methods of preserving your data is either use an off-site backup service or use a NAS locally to backup your data for safekeeping. I've been around computers long enough that I use both types for backup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I too keep a cloud and local copy of the data. I was wondering if there is a way to preserve for future reference the daily OSCAR reports with the combined CPAP and SpO2 data?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a backup, there may be a way to copy over your old SpO2 data into your new profile. You'd at least need to copy over the machine directory (CMS50*) and cut/paste the corresponding "<machine>...</machine>" block from machines.xml in the old profile to the new profile.

Of course, make a backup first, but in general the above should work.

There are a lot of improvements that we're working on for oximetry, sorry about the current limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I'll experiment with that.  Most grateful for the tools you have provided!  Keep up the great work!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 51 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 654 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuartC
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 151 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 61 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.