Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data older than one month is summary only
Data older than one month is summary only
Hi,

I’ve just started to use Oscar to monitor my ResMed S9. Everything works fine except that data older than one month only show up as summary and not in detail. I guess this has to do with how data is saved on the SD card. I’ve tried, without success, to find out how to backup and save the information from the data card and migrate the data with new readings so that I (eventually) end up with detail for more than one month (to see progress and/or changes over several months). Any information on how to achieve this would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Hans
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data older than one month is summary only
OSCAR will save backup copies of your SD card data on your computer if you go into Preferences. If you open Preferences after you have a created your profile but before you import any data, you will see, in the Import tab, a ResMed warning and sliders for combining sessions that are close together and ignoring sessions that are too short . It will look something like this (from SleepyHead):

If you have imported any ResMed data some of those choices will be forced: Both combining and ignoring sliders will be disables, and Saving the SD card data will be set on. It will look something like this:

With the current version of OSCAR, you must open Preferences to enable these settings. The next version will enable these settings when you first import data from a ResMed SD card.

I have heard, but not confirmed, that Series 9 machines only store the high rate flow and pressure data for seven days, but keep the other low-rate data for 30 days. This may depend on the software version. To be safe, Series 9 owners should import their data at least once a week, and OSCAR will save it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 series actually erases the high resolution data on the card after 7 days and the detailed data after 30. Major design error! The summary data is kept until the card fills up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the speedy reply. I gather from your reply that if I import data at least once a week I will eventually end up with detailed information for more than a week. I also read somewhere that S9 only stores detailed data for 7 days. Have only used Oscar since February 4 but I guess that in due time (provided I import at least once a week) I’ll end up with detailed information for longer periods.

Thanks

//Hans
Post Reply Post Reply
As the others have described the Resmed S9 data is only stored on the SD card for a short period of time Iimport from my SD card at least once a week an I have nearly three years of data from my S9 machines. Also please note it is recommended to lock the SD card when placing it in your computer as the modern operating systems write data to the SD card Tharp the S9 does not like causing it to want to reformat the SD card. There is also a windows registry file that can be used to prevent the file writing to an SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 286 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
  OSCAR - Only summary information is available paulag1955 8 664 12-09-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 298 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.