Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Date Range Field - Usability issues
Date Range Field - Usability issues
I've had quite a bit of difficulty setting using the "Date Range" for the Report Mode of the Statistics tab.  I think I've narrowed the main problem down to a data validation issue on the date field. The problem with the current functionality is that 1) it's checking after each digit is pressed rather than after a full date has been entered, and 2) there's no feedback to the user that the keyed number will generate an invalid date -- it just doesn't accept the keypress.

These issues combine to create a confusing situation for the user.  For instance:

Date field value is presently set to: 3/23/2023

Today's date is: 4/28/2023

I want to enter: 7/01/2020

What happens:  Because the currently entered year is 2023, and the actual date is also 2023, when I press "7" for the month in the date field, it won't accept it.  It's immediately checking for a valid date with the remaining unchanged digits in the date field (so as soon as I've typed "7" for month, it's trying to validate "7/23/2023", which isn't valid because it's in the future.  And because there's no feedback to the user, it just appears as if the key wasn't pressed at all, or the program has frozen, or ???

What should happen:

--When a user is typing in a date vs. using the calendar, don't check for a valid date until the entire entry is complete, signaled by the user by either keypress of Tab or Enter, or mouse clicking out of the date field.

--If the date is invalid, give the user a notification that the date entered is invalid instead of just not allowing the keypress, which is confusing and can seem like a bug

Other usability enhancements:

-You can't highlight over top of a "/" to replace the text...you can only highlight between the "/"s.
-Calendar date picker doesn't have a dropdown arrow for the year, only for the month (I didn't realize it had a dropdown or I probably never would have discovered the above issue) Smile

Thanks so much for this great software!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 251 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 509 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 507 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.