Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Results - Request Feedback
RE: David Results - Request Feedback
Hello,

Please see updated results:
February 6: Min Pressure 8, EPR 2
February 7: Min Pressure 8.2, EPR 2

I taped my mouth closed both nights to reduce mouth leaks. Any thoughts on the data regarding my leaks?
Still feeling tired and not much difference in energy and rest when I wake up. 

Would love to hear the Forum's thoughts!

Thank you!
[attachment=47789]
[attachment=47790]

@Gideon
@CorruptAlligator
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Posting my last 3 results for feedback please. 

February 6: Min Pressure 8, EPR 2
February 7: Min Pressure 8.2, EPR 2
February 11: Min Pressure 8.2, EPR 2

I've been taping my mouth shut again to stop mouth leaks...any feedback regarding the large leaks data I am receiving?

Love to hear your thoughts on my latest results and any suggestions. 

I have to say that I do not feel very rested still. Feel very groggy in the morning still. 

[attachment=47916]
[attachment=47917]
[attachment=47918]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your most recent results, and a couple posts earlier for that matter, all show good efficacy. With minimum pressure at 8.4 and maximum pressure 15.0 you generally stay below 11-cmH2O pressure. A total pressure swing of 3-cm is pretty good for avoiding sleep disruption and suggests that you are in a good range for your needs. Leaks have improved a lot except for last night 2/11 which look unusually bad for leaks.

There is no way for us to establish why you continue to feel tired with unsatisfying sleep. It appears your therapy was best when settings were at 8.0 and the recent increases to 8.2 to 8.4 were not productive. At 8.0 cm you had longer time in therapy/sleep with no breaks during the night. In my opinion, you may have already found your ideal pressure was a couple nights ago. I recommend you go back to the settings of 2/6/23 and see if that settles in as something you can live with. If you can get a bit more consistent with a bed-time it might help your sleep hygiene.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please see latest results with min pressure back to 8 and EPR still at 2
I am continuing to tape my mouth shut

Not sure if the nasal mask is being nudged off at times when I side sleep during the night.  I tend to move when I sleep and sometime sleep on my side and sometimes on my back. 

Appreciate any advice!

[attachment=47947]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

Please see my latest results with min pressure of 8 and EPR at 2.
I did NOT tape my mouth closed last night.  If anyone on has advice on whether I should be taping my mouth shut or not, please advise.  I believe I do some mouth breathing at night.

Thank you!

[attachment=47988]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

Please see my last two nights results, with min pressure of 8 and EPR of 2 on both nights.  

On Feb 13 I did NOT tape my mouth closed and on Feb 14 I did tape my mouth closed.  I still had leaks on both nights so am I to presume the leaks are from me moving around and air leaking through the edges of my nasal mask? Are these leak numbers an issue?

Would love your input on my latest results! ?

Thank you!

[attachment=48017]
[attachment=48018]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang your hose from above to prevent mask jerking that has potential to cause leaks. You can buy specifically made one or find something that would work to clam against your bed.

Also, see if fixed pressure works better for you. Change to CPAP mode and try out values in the range of 8 to 9.

That's all the advice I can give since your numbers looks fine, and I can't know from your chart what all issues you are having related to tiredness. You know yourself better than I. Your diet, sleep hygiene, body activeness, etc.. etc.. They all contribute.

Best we can do here is look at OSCAR and recommend settings to get better numbers, NOT solve problems we cannot see on the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!

Any suggestions regarding EPR?
Should I just leave it on 2 and mess with fixed pressure first?
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I would keep my EPR=2 but raise the pressure to 8.60, and put max pressure at 10. But, I think Alligator meant EPR off. That sometimes works to reduce the CA component.

I was thinking you wanted to concentrate on leaks first, and having less or slower changes in pressure might help.

Good luck.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep it at 2 for now. Try experimenting with fixed pressure and see if it works for you. I like fixed pressure since it doesn't wake me like autoset had done. We usually correlate flow limitations (and of course high AHI) with how you CAN feel, but you don't exhibit those features.

One thing that should be top thing to work on is the leaks. You need to figure out what is causing your leaks. Try out different masks, hang the hose, etc.. If the leaks are waking you up or keeping you from deep sleep, there you have it. Work on it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,185 10 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.