Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Day one. Poor results.
RE: Day one. Poor results.
Sorry for to delay in posing new charts but I had a few nights where I didn't sleep but a couple of hours and I wasn't sure it the data would be useful. Here are my charts on nights that I slept for more than 2 hours. What do you all think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I look for some kind of a pattern in your flow limit indications and the events in the top chart, but I don't see one.  Instead, I see significant leaks, which your machine has duly reported, and many and varied events.  What stands out, for now anyway, are the high numbers of centrals and the leaks.  The former need to be controlled more, but so do the latter.  The leaking isn't bad, but it will arouse you at times...which is bad.  Or, you'll sleep through them somehow, unaware, and the machine will struggle or fail to serve you well due to it's limited output maximum.

Someone with more expertise will see your charts and respond.  Please be patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to know if you are feeling well-served by your CPAP now the AHI has dropped to 5 or lower. Your sleep is broken up over several segments which may be due to you having trouble tolerating the mask. I think it is also worth noting that your mean respiration rate is quite low - as low as any I've seen over the whole night. I have periods when I am awake, or periods of sleep/wake junk where my respiration rate drops to 10 breaths/min (or even lower) but it increases to about 13 when I fall asleep. It is when my respiration rate is low that most of my CS's are registered. I also think it is worth noting that you are using the P30i mask (as was I  until recently reverting back the the P10). I switched masks because I experienced an unexplained linear increase in pressure in the absence of flow limit, hypopneae, or obstructive events (see my recent post). If you examine carefully your recent charts you  have a similar increase in pressure when you restart your machine after a brief break.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2020, 08:03 PM)Grandpapa-G Wrote: I'd like to know if you are feeling well-served by your CPAP now the AHI has dropped to 5 or lower. Your sleep is broken up over several segments which may be due to you having trouble tolerating the mask. I think it is also worth noting that your mean respiration rate is quite low - as low as any I've seen over the whole night. I have periods when I am awake, or periods of sleep/wake junk where my respiration rate drops to 10 breaths/min (or even lower) but it increases to about 13 when I fall asleep. It is when my respiration rate is low that most of my CS's are registered. I also think it is worth noting that you are using the P30i mask (as was I  until recently reverting back the the P10). I switched masks because I experienced an unexplained linear increase in pressure in the absence of flow limit, hypopneae, or obstructive events (see my recent post). If you examine carefully your recent charts you  have a similar increase in pressure when you restart your machine after a brief break.

Since it's only been a week, I'm not sure that I feel a lot different. Maybe a little more rested over all but not a massive improvement.

I've never noticed my respiration rate when I am awake. I can check it and see what it comes out to.

Yes I am using the P30i mask and will be for the most part stuck with it good or bad for at least a little while. As I may have stated before I am outside the US and equipment is very expensive and hard to get here. A new mask here is ~200USD and importing is severely restricted. No second hand equipment is allowed and 30% tax paid on new items. When you add international shipping, it makes it very hard to mask shop.

Thanks to everyone for their advice so far. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 475 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.