Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Decent AHI and still exhausted
Decent AHI and still exhausted
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while because things were going decently. But I've noticed the last couple of months that, although my AHI is regularly under 5 (generally between 3-4), I've been waking up feeling quite un-rested after 7-8 hours of sleep. I don't doubt that this is due in part to the COVID-19 lockdown, general stress levels, and lack of regular exercise due to the closing of gyms / sports facilities, but frankly I'm starting to wonder if my machine and/or mask are acting up. I'm pretty sick of feeling tired during the day - and honestly this takes me back to the days before I started getting treatment for my apnea!

I've posted screenshots of the last 3 days from OSCAR - does anyone mind taking a look and seeing if they have a sense of potential issues? Please let me know if you need any more info, and thanks in advance for the help - my brain and overall productivity are really appreciative of the help!

Best,
Peter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Decent AHI and still exhausted
I would try EPR = 1 and see if that helps.
Do note how it feels to you. It should reduce your CA events some
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon,

Thanks for the quick response! Sure, I'll try switching EPR from 2 (currently) to 1 and see if that makes a difference tonight. Will post the results tomorrow!

Best,
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

Looping back on this with my results! Even though my AHI was higher last night (a few heavier leaks, it seems), I am feeling more rested. OSCAR results attached here. I'll give it a few more nights but hopefully this sticks - thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Peter

Post Reply Post Reply
You are feeling more rested, that is very good. IMHO your CA still is too high.

Try this, EPR=1 for a few days

then try EPR = OFF
Again critically evaluate which feels best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again, all!

I'm resurrecting this post from almost exactly a year ago (funny how time works these days). I've attached my Oscar results from the past three days for reference.

Basically, I'm back to where I was about a year ago - I'm pretty happy with my API numbers, but feel like I haven't woken feeling rested in many weeks now. It's starting to wear on me, so I was hoping to post my screenshots and see if anything jumps out at any of you. I'd really appreciate any advice or guidance you can give, because I'm a little stumped - leaks generally seem low, I'm getting what feels like more than enough sleep, but it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed and not start to droop again in the afternoon...

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Peter

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump! Apologies if that's against the rules, but I'm still experiencing exhaustion issues despite good AHI results, so I was hoping someone might be able to weigh in with advice based on the screenshots I provided. Thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: alwaystired17
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] UARS - Exhausted even with CPAP & EPR Wispy7115 16 1,509 12-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Wispy7115
  [Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help. BrendonG92 22 3,278 10-16-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [CPAP] Exhausted newbie, good stats (?) but more tired mrp80 6 677 09-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [Equipment] Still Exhausted Despite Low Events on ASV BIPAP LastLight 6 638 06-16-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: LastLight

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.