Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac
Sad 
Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac
I have been hunting through many threads looking for the name of the folder where the Oscar F12 Screenshots go.  Somebody please tell me and if there are multiple options just mention them and I will go searching.  I was able to upload some screenshots recently, but now, I just can't seem to find the folder where they all are, now.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac
The latest version, 1.2.0, has a popup window allowing you to select its storage location. Older versions stored them in the OSCAR_Data/Screenshot folder. If you aren't running OSCAR v1.2.0, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade. Also, someone else posted about screenshots on a Mac and found that they needed to have the "Fn" key pressed when pressing the F12.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, and of course I see the popup.  Where the heck these shots went is still a mystery and it is really ticking me off!... I guess I will just start over and make use of the option to define a place from now on, and not worry about the dozen or so shots I just cannot find.  If and when I do, I might post another reply here.  And I do appreciate you responding, for sure.  Yes, it is true that on the Mac you either need to use the dropdown from the view menu, or Fn with F12.
Post Reply Post Reply
don't know about Mac but in windows this works fine:

1. Unless you rename each screenshot you could do a search on your computer for
screenshot-* if that works in a Mac.

2. Or, in Oscar, go to Help>About OSCAR > then click show Data folder, this should bring up the Data folder with the Screenshots directory.

Also as Crimson Nape said the cool thing about V1.2.0 is you get to choose where to save the screenshots.
I like to save Everything to my Desktop, where it is easily accessible, but again I am speaking with my Windows hat on!
Post Reply Post Reply
I did the search for any file with "screenshot" in it and still nothing showed.  I believe that Oscar was simply not saving during the session I thought I was saving screenshots.  Now it is working fine with me having specified a new directory within the Oscar Data directory.  Nice little tip about going to About in Oscar and "Show Data." Thanks for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for not seeing your post sooner. Try using, *.png, as the search term.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s how I know the problem really was the feature for saving using fn F12 on the Mac just didn’t work until I did a Re-boot.  Now it’s working just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 370 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New User - Help with Settings with OSCAR Screenshot JohnHornbuckle 10 1,062 04-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask Chalkie 60 5,539 12-17-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next? legrunt 40 3,382 11-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: legrunt
  Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot Cool 2 759 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Cool
Sad [CPAP] Res Med S9 help! Error: Settings reset to default values, please contact service pr dexter020281 21 33,261 08-30-2020, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] OSCAR Screenshot - Please help markbrown 17 1,830 05-23-2020, 12:18 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.