Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Defeated by doctor
RE: Defeated by doctor
(08-12-2017, 12:30 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sounds very similar to my several medical issues plan of attack. I have in the past 3 years had to address what seemed worst and focus on that one, bring it to resolution or being treated then start process over on the next worst and so on. Now that I've begun addressing Mixed apneas with the ASV, and will soon change to new pulmonary doctor and support staff, my next focus is getting fitted for a spinal stimulant trial.

Glad to hear you're sticking with it. And trust me on this, I have to make myself do the same. I would rather find a simple solution to eliminating apnea altogether. But the best for lots, including all of us here on AB, is CPAP therapy of some form.

But look at it like this, if we never had to struggle or fight some battle, we would never know how strong we actually are, wouldn't realize how wonderful victories feel.

Dave B.

to future victories for each  Coffee

"Like" your post.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I may be called SarcasticDave94 but that wasn't hot air. I can't afford to quit. Best to ya
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought to consider, which may or may not fit.

A personal or family history of diabetes, or adult onset hypothyroidism, or rheumatoid arthritis may put you at risk for one of those yourself, in an autoimmune attack. If you or blood relatives have any of those, it may be worth having your primary doc do an autoimmune panel, plus test for thyroid antibodies. These conditions may result in fatigue, even depression, difficulty thinking and more.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,724 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 526 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 899 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.