Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Details Matter
RE: Details Matter
Donna, you did great there!
Post Reply Post Reply
A little more reading comprehension and a little less fear. ''Resmed Airsense for Her @ 10cmH2O - No Substitute'' means exactly that your getting the right machine the one you wanted the one that was recommended to you. The pressure part is irrelevant. Far from doing 'great', you made drama where there was no drama.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2019, 06:38 PM)Donna Wrote: I received a phone call this afternoon from the grumpy nurse who was short with me this morning. She said she discussed my concerns with my physician and he was fine with my request. They were faxing a revised order to the DME supplier today for a Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her with a setting of 5 - 20 cmH2O. I was told to go to my appointment tomorrow as scheduled. We will see how that works out tomorrow morning. But, I will not accept anything less than what I requested and if I am offered anything else, I plan to leave empty-handed. Geez! Why does everything have to be so complicated? I just want a drama-free treatment plan and a good nights sleep!

Good job Donna!
Remember, you have the most power “before” you accept a machine....afterwards, not so much.

Don’t forget to ask the Doctor for a copy of your perscription, as you will need it down the road, especially if you want to order from online suppliers.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crowtor, the doctor’s office created the drama by trying to get Donna to accept the wrong machine. She did her research and then insisted on the right machine. Brava!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 10:45 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Crowtor, the doctor’s office created the drama by trying to get Donna to accept the wrong machine. She did her research and then insisted on the right machine. Brava!

"Resmed Airsense for Her @ 10cmH2O - No Substitute"

is the same machine as :

"Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her with a setting of 5 - 20 cmH2O"
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 02:12 AM)crowtor Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 10:45 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Crowtor, the doctor’s office created the drama by trying to get Donna to accept the wrong machine. She did her research and then insisted on the right machine. Brava!

"Resmed Airsense for Her @ 10cmH2O - No Substitute"

is the same machine as :

"Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her with a setting of 5 - 20 cmH2O"

Yes, this is true, but the problem lies with the DME.

We understood what the docs script said, but the DME only saw a straight pressure on the script and wanted to issue a straight Cpap. The DME obviously didn’t understand that the “for her” is an AutoCpap.

It’s always best to get the wording correct on a script from the get go to avoid problems.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But, but, but, Opal, you don't understand. This way I can sell her that cheap CPAP brick for the same price as for Her. And then, when they want to define a range I can sell her the AutoSet for Her. After all selling two machines makes more money than one.

Sarcastic mode off
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2019, 01:16 AM)crowtor Wrote: A little more reading comprehension and a little less fear. ''Resmed Airsense for Her @ 10cmH2O - No Substitute'' means exactly that your getting the right machine the one you wanted the one that was recommended to you. The pressure part is irrelevant. Far from doing 'great', you made drama where there was no drama.

Excuse me, Crowtor? "I made drama where there was no drama"? I have been a member of this forum for a long time. I was under that understanding that this was the place to come with questions and concerns about sleep therapy, a place where we could get opinions, answers, support. And that has been the case up to now. Although you may think I made drama, my concerns were real. I really posted seeking advice from others with more knowledge and experience than myself. Why am I now feeling attacked for asking a simple question?
Post Reply Post Reply
Donna,
Hi and welcome aboard. Best wishes on getting the For Her Autoset. As mentioned, if the DME attempts to make you sign and accept anything less, refuse it. “No substitutions”. Accept only the correct device or replace the DME.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 09:49 AM)bonjour Wrote: But, but, but, Opal, you don't understand. This way I can sell her that cheap  CPAP brick for the same price as for Her.  And then, when they want to define a range I can sell her the AutoSet for Her.  After all selling two machines makes more money than one.

Sarcastic mode off

From SarcasticDave94’s law firm Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe: sarcasm has been patented by Mr. SarcasticDave94, and it is illegal to emulate his sarcastic comments that potentially could appear on various topic threads on Apnea Board. Cease and desist rendered. Too-funny

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar details Dalemazkour 1 63 04-21-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 195 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 676 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 665 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 434 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 669 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Yup...it's now just a matter of time. Big Guy 23 2,040 12-08-2021, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Superstar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.