Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] 1216 Days worth of Data. What does it tell you?
1216 Days worth of Data. What does it tell you?
Hi

I have been using my dreamstation since 2018 and I've tried to make sense of the data to varying degrees of success. I thought i'd share my stats and ask the community to help me decipher it. 

I want to tweak my pressure settings to see if that eases the morning gassyness Big Grin. See pressure settings below:

These are my stats: 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1216 Days worth of Data. What does it tell you?
Welcome to Apnea Board!
We really need to see a couple different recent Screenshots of the Daily Page in OSCAR.  
Just follow the link below in my signature line on Organizing your Chart. This will guide you in taking a screenshot and using the attachment feature to post here.

From what I can tell, with your 95% pressure readings at 11 and average readings around 8.5, a pressure range adjustment is in order.  

Your minimum pressure of 4 is too low and can cause you to feel air starved.  Also it would take a Respironics machine a little longer to react to apnea's.  I would start by setting a pressure range of 10 minimum and 14 maximum.  This will probably need adjusted.  Also, let's move the AFlex setting from 3 down to 2.  

If you can post a screenshot of the Daily Page today, we can probably zero in on this a little better.  If not, make the changes above and post some results tomorrow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the quick pointers. As advised, please see attached daily screenshot. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of very good people that can give you advice.  I will give you a couple of things I think could help you quite a bit.

Your Min number is 4 that is as low as the machine can go.  but your real min pressure (look at your pressure chart) is around 8 to 9.  It takes longer to ramp up to a number to stop apnea than to set the Min higher.  I would set the pressure to a min of 8.

Your max is 11 again look at your pressure chart -  it is maxed out at 11 for quite a while and probably need to go higher to stop apnea.  I would set it at 16 - IT WILL NOT GO UP TO 16 UNLESS IT NEEDS TO.

You have turned off the flex.  Flex is used to help flow limits and you have quite a few of those.  I would set it to 2, not 3 because that seems to cause more problems when it is set that high.

See what others think - but I think that this would be a good place to start and then tweak from there...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, my advice is the same, except that I would change the minimum pressure to 11 and max 14.

Try not to use ramp.

Although it shouldn't bother you to have a minimum pressure of 11cm.  If you look at your chart, the pressure goes straight up to 11 pretty quick and looks like it wants to go higher.  

You have a lot of Reras and Flow Limitations and snores, so higher minimum pressure is needed. I'm limiting the max to 14 for now because Flow Limitations will drive pressure to whatever you set, and that can be disruptive.

Set minimum 11 and maximum 14.  Flex at 2.  Make these changes for tonight, and we can take another look tomorrow.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night's report . I set the min-max pressure to 10 - 14 and lowered Flex from 3 to 2.  I can see the flow, RERA and VS went down significantly ? 

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2021, 05:22 AM)kuntakinte Wrote: I want to tweak my pressure settings to see if that eases the morning gassyness Big Grin.

Went back to look at your first post and apologize, as I don't normally recommend raising pressure when someone has Aerophagia (swallowing of air).

Did you still experience this gassiness last night? We can bring the pressure back down a bit if so.

I like that the Reras and FL are down, but we did gain a couple Obstructives and Hypopnea. Your numbers overall aren't bad, so it might be best to concentrate on comfort. Let us know how you felt with higher pressures.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey OpalRose, i felt the pressure increase but it was tolerable. Aerophagia wasnt that bad as the previous night. Was that due to the flex setting change? If so, could i revert pressure to say min 9 - max 12 and set flex to 1?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it looks like the higher pressure isn't going to make a huge difference, so I think it's a good idea to drop Min and especially Max a bit.  I noticed that even through the snores came down, that they still drive the pressure up, so it's best to bring that max down.

We don't recommend Flex 3 as it usually causes more discomfort, but a setting of 1 or 2 is fine. All you can do is try it and see what the result is and especially how you feel.  I'm all for putting comfort first.

And remember, one night doesn't make a trend.   Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,748 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 927 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 424 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 906 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.