Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Alarm going off
Alarm going off
    Last night the alarm went off on my Res med aircurve 10 twice once around 3 am and again around 6 am when I took the mask off, I am concerned that my resp rate is not like I have seen for other peoples, I am posting a snapshot of last night and would like some opinions on whether it is OK or not, I can`t see any reason for the alarm to go off but it is annoying my wife as she wakes up as well and as you know happy wife - happy life, help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Alarm going off
gbbarrie,

I can' help you with reading your OSCAR.

Is the alert on if the mask is off? Are any other alerts set on you AirCurve 10 SI-A.
Post Reply Post Reply
gbbarrie,
There appears to be a break in your therapy shortly before 3:00am. Either you moved your mask or the algorithm didn't detect your breath and shut off. The same happened at 6:00am when you took your mask off.

The user manual states that it will alert you if there is low minute ventilation (which took a nose dive around that same time where the break in therapy occurred.)

Check in the Clinicians Manual where I believe you will be able to disable alerts if you don't want to hear them.
To request a clinicians manual:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose
Thank you for your response.
The break in my therapy was when I turned the machine off to stop the alarm then I turned it back on again and continued until around 6 ish when the alarm went again at that point I turned it off and removed my mask. I can look at turning off the alarm but to me that is like taking the bulb out of your car dashboard because the oil light came on, what I am tying to understand is what is triggering the alarm - this is not the first time this has happened but now I might go for a few  weeks or even months before it happens again or it could be tomorrow or next week, I slept through the night last night with no problems
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Alarm Jimboiii 1 289 12-25-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Pulse oximeter with alarm garyhibb 9 1,274 04-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: withtao
  [Equipment] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO. Leak or mask off Alarm to soft. Beekeeper Art 0 986 03-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Beekeeper Art
  Taking off mask at sleep - alarm as solution? johanson 2 1,022 09-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  PulseOxi - set alarm? Cubus 2 755 08-07-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question When I snooze my alarm, wake up groggy and have high SpO2 100% with hands cold. MyronH 1 945 02-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound Ibiban 18 20,963 01-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.