Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP
Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP
I've been having a hell of a time acclimating to PAP. I take the mask off at night when I sleep. At low settings I feel like I'm trying to suck air through a straw, at high settings (for me ~8cmH20) I feel like there's a pushing sensation at the beginning or end of my breadth. I have bought a CPAP, a BiPAP and an ASV. I've tried numerous masks, temperature and humidification settings. I've been on this board, watched YouTube of LankyLefty, Vik Veer, and CPAP reviews. I've been to a few different prestigious hospitals along the eastern seaboard.

Are there any clinics or hospitals, even if you pay out of pocket where they are especially known for PAP diagnosis and troubleshooting?

I want a Hank Hill type. Someone who knows his business and is competent at his job.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP
Lefty Lanky guy can give you personalized feedback based on your needs but it will be for a charge. I would do that if I had the means. 

I been to several clinics/ sleep centers in my area...

You know most of the sleep clinics in my area is it's hard to get in for an appointment - not enough to go around. The reason at home sleep study exist is it's easy, most insurance covers it and you don't have to wait 1 to 3 months in advanced to do it. Wait time for CPAP follow up varies by clinic/center - some places are quick 2 to 3 weeks other places are like 2 to 3 months. 

My experience I got more answers from apnea board, CPAP YouTube channels at a faster rate than with the clinics.

If your sleep doctor has sleep apnea - they tell you more, more helpful than a doctor who does not suffer from this. 

Schedule a visit with your sleep provider - prepare questions in advanced, download your sleep study from your ResMed with SD card to your computer onto Oscar to get the full picture. 

Do your research to get the most out of your visit! Other health issues can also affect sleep apnea treatment and are connected...fix them too. 

DME usually not knowledgeable on CPAP therapy only on selling the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 104 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 155 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is it worth going to sleep clinic? namastelondon235 2 171 04-07-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,429 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 844 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.