Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Deciphering the prescription
Deciphering the prescription
I have just got a new prescrption: "Pressure increase from 8 cmH2O to 9 cmH2O Initial RDI 11/HR SaO2 80. Can anobody help me to decode it? Can I adjust my Z1 CPAP myself? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Deciphering the prescription
I put it through Google Translate and it came back with:

"Drukverhoging van 8 cm H2O tot 9 cm H2O Initiële RDI 11 / HR SaO2 80."
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
He wants the pressure bumped to 9. Your RHI is a little hig at 11 but your blood oxygen saturation is pretty low at 80*

Why the new script? Result of new sleep study? Review of meter results?

I kind of doubt that a 1 CM bump will do a whole lot, but what would I know? If your AHI is only 11, it might be just the ticket. Note that I'm not a certified Austrian or Swiss sleep doctor.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Yes, that's a result of new sleep study.

P.S. RDI written on the prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
To adjust the machine yourself, get hold of the clinical manual. You can request a copy from Apnea Board at this address: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Be careful to read the instructions on that page carefully so that our hard-working elves can send you the right document.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 124 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Help deciphering OSCAR reports? HannibalBarca 6 640 11-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 795 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 985 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  [Diagnosis] Need help deciphering sleep study & CPAP report cyrial 16 1,274 06-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,986 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.