Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Looking For Assessment
RE: Looking For Assessment
I noticed the issue with the P10 straps when I first got it and have been able to replace the mask every third or fourth month, which seemed OK. However, the thing troubling me now is that Medicare determined that the doctor who signed my sleep test in 2001 did it digitally and that it was no longer acceptable. Medicare has been paying for my CPAP stuff - with my private insurer - for 10 years. They suddenly will pay for no more until I have a new sleep study. I went to my current sleep doctor - the old one retired years ago - and he ordered an at-home test. I tried it vainly for three nights, could barely sleep because I have grown dependent on the CPAP. The test was inconclusive because I didn't sleep long enough at any one time... So I have to go in for a lab sleep test. The earliest date available was May 20, but that may now be gone because of the coronavirus. Problem is I will need new equipment next month and it looks like I may have to pay out of pocket. I'm not poor, but a new mask and new pillows will set me back a bunch. Whenever I finally do get back on Medicare and insurance, I will put in for all new gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2020, 07:21 PM)dkcdkc Wrote: Medicare determined that the doctor who signed my sleep test in 2001 did it digitally and that it was no longer acceptable. 

This is the kind of thing that makes us all hate large bureaucracies.  But it also sounds as though you are the victim of the change in doctors.  As I understand from other forum members, your primary care physician or your dentist for that matter can provide you with a prescription for CPAP supplies.  I would recommend going straight to one of them and skipping this retest business.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good thought. My PCP is a good guy... I'll ask him. Tx.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Newbie Requesting Oscar Data Assessment dhamments 4 776 11-21-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: layneh
  New user, OSCAR assessment ? OnThePath 6 800 08-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member needing initial assessment Salcorn 9 1,214 11-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Salcorn
  ResMed Sleep Assessment app zonk 4 5,337 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.