Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] My CA is more than my OA
RE: My CA is more than my OA
Copy that. Best to your progress.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm at 17000 hours on my Vauto with 5 years of use. I'm due now, so the struggle begins.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sleeprider, et al
I wore a Cervical Collar last night and it reversed the CA vs OA ratio.

I will post a trace tomorrow when I have my mask on all night.

I have an Oximeter tracer now as well.  Next time I trace; we will see how it all syncs up
Post Reply Post Reply
Soft Cervical Collar  Made a big difference. 
I have never had a full night with an AHI as low as 2.71 !

This image includes my new Oximeter trace (I will make a new post to ask about OSCAR being off by one hour)

Thanks Sleeprider and others

Post Reply Post Reply
Great! I hope you will add a review when you get a chance. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews

Your SpO2 is less than optimal. The solution to that is to increase EPAP min which is equivalent to Positive End Expiratory Pressure (PEEP). You can research that term and understand it is usually used in reference to hospital ventilation systems, but it applies here. You seem to have decent tidal volume, but higher PEEP will recruit more lung volume. If your SpO2 remains below 88% more than 5 minutes in a night, you might qualify for supplemental oxygen. While this is not urgent, if you continue to see this lower SpO2, you should talk to your doctor about it. It is easy to add an oxygen bleed to the CPAP circuit.

Analysis of the SpO2 would be easier if you add a dotted line at 88%. Just right click near the title and use the context menu to set the dotted line or change y-axis range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That 88% for 5 min would signify supplemental oxygen. Might be something to ask doc about. If the oxygen level stays too low, you're only asking for troubles you'd rather not have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the SpO2 advice.
My doctor ordered a Pulse Ox test and I sent it in already. (2 weeks ago)
So we'll see what happens.

Then after that I bought a Contec CMS50F so I will not be in the dark.

I have not studied SpO2 numbers yet. So thanks for telling me.

AND that 88% >5min was WITH the collar on!
When I did the SpO2 test for my PCP I did not know about the collar yet.
I guess I'll run my Oximeter without my Collar and see how bad it is.
(I decided to just move the cms50F time up an hour to sync-up times, rather than messing with the ResMed)

I added a review here: but not sure I did that right:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...y-CA-issue

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.