Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Need help deciphering sleep study & CPAP report
RE: Need help deciphering sleep study & CPAP report
It could be from rolling over or chin tucking. Small variances are common. Remember, if you go looking for a problem, you will find one. Let the problem find you. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reports from last night after upping pressure range from 8-12 to 8.5-12.5.

Higher AHI unfortunately, but seems mostly due to a period of position apnea. Excluding that, AHI would've been ~0.8.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good observation! When events are clustered you know it is something you are doing and not the therapy. I would write off last night as one of those bad days you will experience. That is why one of our axioms is, "One night's data does not make a trend".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oof, not a great night. Upped my range to 9-13 from 8.5-12.5 and seemed to have issues. Notably, during the last half of the night, pressure seems to have maxed out at a higher than ever level and woke me right up. Getting a lot of leaks and new periodic breathing at that pressure too.

Don't really know where to go from here. Bump the max pressure back up?

Advice please!

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand your logic in changing the pressure. Your data would suggest to me that you are chin tucking or sleeping on your back. There isn't a CPAP around that can produce enough pressure to overcome these types of occlusions.

You may wish to look into obtaining a soft cervical collar (SCC) to reduce the chin tucking. Here is a Wiki that will help explain what you need and how to use it.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...cal_Collar

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Kept pressures the same last night and AHI did go down. Does seem like positional apnea is a consistent issue with me.

This is my second night with the O2ring and last night my pulse spiked to the 120-150bpm range for 20 minutes during a period with no apnea events! Screenshot is attached. The nigh before, the highest it got was 115bpm.

Is this cause for concern?

Post Reply Post Reply
IMO, that is unique (the large spikes up in pulse with zero events).  My suggestion would be to 1st ask PCP about it.  If PCP can't answer that, then referral to Cardiologist could (if you are already not seeing one).  Not to scare you or anything. 

Anyone with experience with this particular phenomenon or Cardiology experience might want to post here.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 66 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 223 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 189 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,483 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 278 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 147 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 400 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.