Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Need help with diagnosis/analysis PLEASE
Question 
Need help with diagnosis/analysis PLEASE
I’m not sure where to start.

I’ve been an ApneaBoard member since 2012. Because there’s such a wealth of information I have mostly just lurked & not needed to ask many questions. As mentioned in my profile, I use the recall replacement CPAP DreamStation 2 Advanced machine with an F&P Brevida Nasal Pillows CPAP Mask. /b Additionally I view the Dreammapper software for my CPAP analysis along with the Apple HealthKit sleep data that is recorded from wearing my Applewatch at night. I exclusively use Apple iOS devices & don’t have either a laptop or a desktop computer. 

Recently, maybe for the past 3 weeks or so, I have felt very fatigued & it’s been difficult to wake up. I’ve looked at my Dreammapper data and over the past 30 days but it’s difficult to decipher & doesn’t give a lot of detailed information. Just basic things like nightly AHI, usage durations & mask fit. I’ve also viewed the Apple Health Kit sleep data but I have no idea how to analyze what I’m actually seeing. Is there software that someone can recommend for iOS users that will join these two data sources of information together to help create a better overall picture of what is happening while I’m in bed? I’d really like to find out if this fatigue is related to my sleep or if I should be looking elsewhere for answers. 

TYIA !

Help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with diagnosis/analysis PLEASE
Hi xntrick,
Unfortunately, at this time, I'm not aware of any software available for Apple iOS devices.

Your DreamStation 2 is supported by the OSCAR software, but you would definitely need a laptop or desktop pc.

Fatigue is a common complaint from Apnea sufferers. Even if we could see detailed data, that doesn't necessarily point us to why you are fatigued.

From DreamMapper, are you able to give us a breakdown of your AHI. Do you experience mostly Obstructives, Hypopnea, Clear Airway events?

How many hours of sleep do you get? In the last 3 weeks, since your fatigue started, what has changed? Are you taking any medications that would cause sleep issues?

You see, there are many variables that affect our sleep.

What sort of information does your Apple HealthKit show?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply @OpalRose

Yes, I understand there are many variables. In addition to seeking help here, I have an upcoming appointment with my GP. This is just a place to start my search.

To begin I will attach the exported .pdf of my Dreammapper data. As you can see by viewing it, my AHI gets up to about 7.5. This doesn’t tell us much which is why I would love to combine this information with Apple HealthKit’s sleep data. Then *fingers crossed* hopefully I could gain a bit more insight. Hard to believe no one has enabled this yet, and yet there are so many other resources available for those with laptops & desktops. 

Hours of sleep:
Apple’s HealthKit reports that I average 10h 12m in bed vs an average of 7h 6min of actual sleep. My average awake time is 1h 30m. Average REM is 1h 28m Average Core sleep is 5h 22m and Average Deep sleep is 16minutes (this seems exceedingly low to me) 

Recent Changes:
In January I had a full hysterectomy. Don’t believe that would have begun manifesting itself in this manner that long after the surgery but I suppose it’s possible. 
About the time this fatigue began, & I believe this is a more likely culprit, my GP increased my blood pressure medication. For my blood pressure I am now taking Losartan at a dose of 100mg every evening. Prior to that my dosage was 50mg every evening. I pointed this out to my GP so we will be reviewing it during the upcoming appointment. 

I have been a CPAP user for many years & have not experienced this type of fatigue since I began using my CPAP except in cases when I did not have access to my machine or mask for various reasons like one or the other was inoperable or unavailable. Those occasions have been very rare. 

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Attached Files
.pdf   Dreammapper CPAP March 2-31 2023.pdf (Size: 145.69 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
The change in dosage for your BP medication could be the culprit. I'm glad you'll be seeing your doctor soon to discuss that and other possible explanations.

Can you use a computer belonging to a friend who would let you install Oscar? It'd be good to know the breakdown of your AHI, along with other information that Oscar could tell us. It's possible you're having two problems, one with night-time breathing and another with your medication or some other medical problem.

And just to cover the bases: is it possible you contracted Covid about three weeks ago?
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding COVID, anything is possible but I have no symptoms. With that in mind I could still do a home test just to rule it out. I am fully vaxxed which I know does not guarantee anything. I don’t have access to a laptop or a desktop unfortunately
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 580 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 533 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,794 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 178 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 165 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,693 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 259 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.