Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Overlaying AHI graphs
Overlaying AHI graphs
I am new to this blog and the world of sleep Apnea. I had about a 10 year history of mid-sleep awakenings and not being able to get back to sleep. I tried everything from pills (both prescription and OTC), Sleepio (behaviour modification) meditation, following sleep hygiene rules etc. over the years but the only thing that seemed to help was using using Zaleplon (Starnoc) to get back to sleep every night. After a couple of recent close calls with driving, I finally took a sleep study expecting just to rule out some things as I don't fit the typical profile for sleep apnea (ie: my BMI is really good, I don't snore). Both I and my sleep doc were surprised when my AHI came back at 42. I quickly took out a loaner machine which I have adapted to fairly quickly over the past 2 weeks and I feel MUCH, MUCH better, my AHI is down to 2-3 and I have more energy, better mood, in bed the whole night. However, I still wake up pretty consistently either at 1:30 or 3:30 am each night and after a quick pee still have to take Zaleplon to get back to sleep. I have also been diagnosed with BPH and take Flomax and limit my liquid intake in the evening.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I am learning how to use the Sleepyhead software and wondered if it was possible to overlap the AHI graphs to see if there is a pattern to my awakenings.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Overlaying AHI graphs
Hi dozydave,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use the data-management software so I'm unable to answer your question but stick around and someone will be able to help you..
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Overlaying AHI graphs
First, Welcome to da 'hood!

You can export the data to a .csv file in Sleepyhead. You will have to parse out the data that you're looking for using something like Excel. It will provide the time your event occurs. I have GERD and the times you listed (around 2 AM, plus or minus) are common to Acid Reflux/GERD. For fun and giggles, You might try avoiding any candy, food, caffeine or carbonated beverages 4 to 6 hours before bed and see if there's any difference.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,042 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,483 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 247 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Idea New CPAP Oscar Help Graphs triquetralark482 0 191 02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: triquetralark482
  First time PAP user. Need help interpreting graphs. kayblitz 6 348 02-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kayblitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.