Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Please help me understand my sleep study results
RE: Please help me understand my sleep study results
I won't go into details now but your plm is significant enough to be problematic in sleep and with respect to your apap therapy. I suggest you don't let them tell you otherwise and that you should insist on some sort of treatment for it, the sooner the better for the success of your apnea treatment.

"my sleep habits are horrendous. I’ve always struggled with routine due to the ADD. I’m on the base dose of my meds (Vyvanse, 30mg) and I’m going to ask my doctor to up it to the recommended dose (50mg) and see if that helps."

I was dxed with ADD 20 years ago in my 40's. my sleep habits were horrendous as well but not for lack of trying. no doctor ever said so, but it's clear to me that my sleep habits were horrendous because of my apnea and plm.

in retrospect (like looking at the comments on my school report cards) it's clear I had ADD in childhood. also in retrospect I am convinced I had apnea from childhood as well (memories and witness reports as I started sharing bedrooms and beds in my late teens). I believe apnea/sleep deprivation at least exacerbated if not caused my ADD. I think my ADD symptoms are much reduced as my apnea and plm treatment progress.

I'm not sure if Vyvanse is a stimulant but I took a lot of generic adderall and modafinil before cpap. after a year or so of lousy pap treatment I gave up them up. I needed them to get through the day but felt I wasn't giving pap a fighting chance insofar as stimulants are antithetical to sleep. in time, my apnea and plm treatment has improved, not as much as I want/need, but enough that my need for stimulants is largely diminished.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me understand my sleep study results
Your EPR is already set to 3. Just set the minimum pressure to 7 or 8 and the pressure will stabilize, and life should be very good. These wildly fluctuating pressure are very disruptive to sleep, so to stabilize that, just increase minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.