Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] S. Manz - Therapy Thread
RE: Central Apnea: How My ASV Resuscitates Me When I Have a CSA Event
OK, not a big window of pressure. That's fine if you're well treated. But if those Hypopnea are an issue, more pressure needs introduced somewhere in the EPAP side.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2021, 01:04 PM)sheepless Wrote: can you post the same area of hypopnea at a 10 minute view scale?

There you go my friend, see attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
that doesn't look like plm to me but just to be more certain, post a 10 minute shot of the cluster of hypopnea at about 7:10 am in post #5 (sorry I wasn't clear which one when I asked).
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2021, 07:18 PM)sheepless Wrote: that doesn't look like plm to me but just to be more certain, post a 10 minute shot of the cluster of hypopnea at about 7:10 am in post #5 (sorry I wasn't clear which one when I asked).

There you go, attached...The graph characteristics leading to each Hypopnea event, are eerily identical.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2021, 07:18 PM)sheepless Wrote: that doesn't look like plm to me but just to be more certain, post a 10 minute shot of the cluster of hypopnea at about 7:10 am in post #5 (sorry I wasn't clear which one when I asked).
Here is another snapshot of an event from last night.
Identical to all other events, even with slightly elevate pressures. ( Trying to dlowly increase pressures to see impact on AHI, completely eliminating it).
Since I started on ASV) shortly after my doc prescribed AUTO BIPAP) my AHI immediately dropped from an average of 35 , (mostly hypopnea with some OAa), my oA has disappeared completely and my AHI has dropped to insignificant <2 averages.

Post Reply Post Reply

Also here's a cluster of 4 of them in a short period.
I have noticed that if I go to bed late and sleep in, my Hyp events increase in frequency during the late stages of sleep and it is very strange that it does this.
Anyway even the frequent events in a cluster show the same c=graph characteristics, almost identical in nature and timing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Positional http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hate to beat a dead horse here as I'm pretty sure plm isn't present but I haven't yet seen a screenshot of several hypopnea at a 10 minute view scale. the last 2 posts were 2:36 & 4:06 minutes.

or, to save us both the trouble, just scroll through your flow rate at the 10 minute scale looking for a repetitive pattern similar to what you see in the previous 2 shots, an inhale spike followed by several abbreviated inhales ending with another spike; in these 2 shots, leading to the 'h' flag. the pattern doesn't have to contain an event but I thought your hypopnea flow rate pattern looks a bit like plm breathing and if several in quick succession, could be plm. anyway, if you see any repeating pattern, post the pic.

set the view scale using the slider at the bottom left of the daily/events tab.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2021, 06:59 PM)sheepless Wrote: hate to beat a dead horse here as I'm pretty sure plm isn't present but I haven't yet seen a screenshot of several hypopnea at a 10 minute view scale. the last 2 posts were 2:36 & 4:06 minutes.

There are no "clusters" of Hyp . events that can be shot at a 10 min scale as you can see in the chart
That said, there's one cluster that I can barely fit in a 15 minute scale. See attached.

Ps.
Its not "PLM"
Post Reply Post Reply
15 minute

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 159 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.