Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] S. Manz - Therapy Thread
RE: More than 10 Hypopnea events Per 15 minutes
During ramp you really are not getting any therapy. It is only used to let a person not use to therapy go to sleep. I would try turning it off.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
That's absolutely true. The graph proves that fact.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with StacyB.  Consider turning ramp off.  My ASV hits 25 cmH2O as soon as I go to sleep and repeatedly as it fights my periodic breathing.  Generally it has things under control within 15 minutes.  Whatever discomfort that produces is worth it to keep me from having apneas.  Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, try without the ramp. Also, your pressure of 4/9 seems low, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members will address that for you. You can change those settings.
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
I myself tried a ramp on the ASV the first night I had mine. It wasn't a good result. I had to just get rid of the ramp and jump right into therapy.

I think we attempted addressing therapy pressures in another therapy thread. For some reason or other, you don't tolerate a normal ASV therapy pressure setup, so I'll leave it at the Ramp issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't.
Anything over 12 CMH2O is like sticking my head out the window of a speeding car, trying to get a shuteye on the highway, but I know some people LOVE the high pressures for some reason.
My Airdale terrier, Jake can do it. Dude loves hanging his head out the window. I think it sends him into a trans or something:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I copy. That's what makes every PAP user unique. Cookie cutter pressure sets are doomed to fail.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 60 to 0.43. LOVE the ASV mode, but
So I was diagnosed with CSA and a AHI of almost 60 (actual studies averaged an AHI of 58).
I was on a Dreamstation ASV for a while and then switched about 3 months ago to a Resmed ASV and my entire sleep characteristics have changed since the switch.
Originally my doctor wanted me to go on an Auto pap but I refused and went outside the insurance coverage and got myself a ASV machine and titrated pressures down from prescription values which kept me up all night feeling like I was sticking my head out the window of a speeding car on the highway, trying to sleep at the same time.
In the last 3 months since I switched to Resmed, my AHI has been reduced to well under 5 which normal people without apnea score.
However these "Hypopnea" events that my machine registers are still intriguing.
The graph looks like each event starts when I take a deep inhale followed by a deep exhale and then stop berathing for about 4 seconds, when the machine kicks in with 1, 2 , 3 breaths and I am back to normal.
Any ideas how "Hypopnea" events are registered by ASV algorithm?
Please only respond if you are a ASV user and know how ASV machines work.
Thanks
[attachment=35890]
[attachment=35889]
[attachment=35888]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI 60 to 0.43. LOVE the ASV mode, but
I have used the same model ASV with ASV Auto settings. Sorry but I can't tell you how the ASV scored Hypopnea. I could tell you how I'd lower them, but you're not going to like the answer. Either use ASV Auto mode with EPAP range or increase your current EPAP would be my answer to address them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI 60 to 0.43. LOVE the ASV mode, but
I've used asv for years but cant answer your question either. unfortunately you've dismissed the few members that might on the basis they dont use asv. everyone that's replied to your last couple threads knows more about pap in general & asv in particular, than you & me put together.

I'd say the troll here is the one that starts 20 therapy threads, then criticizes & argues with well-meaning respondents. in any thread, not all suggestions are correct, but they often help reach an effective solution.

why ask if you're not willing to listen?
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,510 38 minutes ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 5 122 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,256 11 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 82 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 185 04-22-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,603 04-22-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.