Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation
Question 
Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation
Hi,

First, thanks for this great forum. I have been reading many posts and learned so much over the past couple weeks.

I received my home sleep study data report today. I think it is the default printout from the ResMed ApneaLink. It is branded ResMed in the upper right of the page.

I am confused about this section:

ODI Oxygen Desaturation Index: 15.1 (normal <5/h)
Average saturation: 95 (normal 94-98%)
Lowest desaturation: 84 (normal column is blank)
Lowest saturation: 71 (normal 90%-98%)
Baseline Saturation: 98%

Can anyone help me understand this information?

I am really confused as to the difference between "lowest desaturation" and "lowest saturation."

The above data means my blood oxygen level reached a low point of 71% is that correct? I am not sure what the 84% means.

Also if anyone knows of a thread or link that has more detailed information about each of the ResMed ApneaLink results categories I would definitely be interested in reading it. However this was my most burning question and the one I wanted to start with.

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation
This is in PubMed, so should be somewhat reliable:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4246141/

I tried using Google for the phrase "lowest desaturation" and found a number of references, some in medical speak and some in English. Give it a try.

The normal range seems to be 95-100%.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi blueelement2016,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen the term "lowest saturation", I have no idea what that is. The rest appears to say that you have 15.1 desaturation events per hour, with a low of 84% and an average over the night of 95% (normal). 84% is not incredibly bad, but it is not healthy either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.