Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
RE: Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
Will someone please answer this for me since my answers are apparently inadequate here.
RE: Did Dreamstation or OSCAR fail to flag or misclassify abnormal breathing events
ChinaMan, the folks on this site kindly volunteer their time, mostly as cpap users like you and me, to help us figure out how to get the most from our machine therapy. oscar is open source freeware you can choose to use or not. folks are more than willing to help if you'll hear them but no one here or associated with oscar is under any obligation to do so. it's not like we pay for the software or participation on the forum.

if you re-read this thread with an open mind you will find reasonable responses, suggested alternatives and some thoughts about how to figure out what the problem is. feel free to post with screenshots and questions for further insight from the community but what you do with the information and the software is entirely up to you.
(11-01-2019, 05:06 PM)ChinaMan Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 02:43 PM)bonjour Wrote: The loaders for bothe ResMed and PR are going thru a major overhaul.  ANY inaccuracies discovered WILL be corrected.  This is the way OSCAR rocks the project.  Had you uncovered a valid concern it would be added to the work list and corrected.  Many of the changes we have made were originated or validated outside the development team.

I think you guys must arrange me to have my SD card loaded into an Encrore Pro 2s platform to find out whether it's the fault of OSCAR or not.

I mean whoever makes OSCAR must contact me immediately to find out. Patients may be misled everyday by OSCAR.

ChinaMan,
We have given you the tools needed.  The links to download Encore Pro were provided in previous posts in this thread.  

Once you install Encore Pro, insert your SD card into your computer.  Once you have downloaded your data from the SD card, you can then compare the data to OSCAR data.  Let us know what you think.  

We would be happy to look at your data for comparison.  Follow the tutorials in mine and others signature lines for Organizing a screenshot from the daily page of OSCAR, not just one graph.  
You can use the Attachment feature to post data here from OSCAR and Encore Pro.

And please understand that whether you use  OSCAR or ENCORE or any other software package, that these are reporting tools.  They report what is on the Apap machines regardless if it’s Phillips or ResMed or any other brand.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Chinaman, many of the graphs you posted cut-off the time and none of them allow us to view the flow rate in context with events, pressure, leaks and other important information that can affect accuracy. All of the information you are concerned with, events, flow, time, are writen by the CPAP machine programming and reported by OSCAR (Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter). OSCAR does not modify the data reported by the machine. It is graphed on the timeline exactly as reported. If you download and install EncorePro 2 you can compare those events and view the flow wave form (in much less detail). You could improve your graphs by showing more information (events, flow, pressure, leaks), and include a dotted line at zero on the flow rate so we can see where the zero occurs.

I repeat, OSCAR does not create or place events in the graphic data you are looking at. If you want better results for the flow limitation that is very evident in most of your charts, consider getting a Resmed whcih actually properly records and treats it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-31-2019, 11:13 PM)ChinaMan Wrote: I highly suspect it's not the fault of PR, but OSCAR.

Easy solution for you:  stop using OSCAR if you don't trust it.

In spite of your inability to comprehend that the data comes from the CPAP machine and OSCAR simply reports that data, many informed people here use OSCAR and love it.  If you don't like it nor trust it, no problem, download and use Encore Pro - it's free as well.

So, now that I've solved your problem, this thread is closed.

Have a nice day.   Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,105 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 95 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 348 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.