Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did I choose the wrong machine?
Did I choose the wrong machine?
So I originally have been using the Phillips respironics Dreamstation 1 which other than the recall I absolutely love. I ended up finding a ResMed aircurve 10ASV on facebook marketplace for an incredible deal. 200 for one with 9 running hours. Anyway my concern is that it seems like this unit is more for central sleep apnea and more advanced types. I am wondering if it would even work for me. I am fully comfortable going into clinical mode and all that. I did that with the phillips but basically just set it to auto cpap.

From what I  have been reading though ASV auto seems to be similar. I am just wondering if that would work fine for me as long as I just set the proper parameters and all that. My concern is just that I have regular sleep apnea and wondering if this unit is a bit much for me and perhaps I should have gotten another. Price is obviously not a concern as I got it used for cheap. I am just wondering if I should have possibly just got one with auto cpap mode.

All input is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,463 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 324 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 471 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,199 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 675 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.