Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings after 2 weeks of use
Help with settings after 2 weeks of use
Hey, guys! I've been using my cpap machine for more than 2 weeks now, and would like some help with the settings. I was diagnosticated with OSA, with 34 events/hr, and no CSA. I had the titration test done and it recommended a pressure of 15 and a range of 13 - 18. That's the range that I started with, but I was having lots of CA events, which scared me because I was not diagnosticated with CSA, but thankfully they decreased with time. Also, I noticed my pressure would stay on 13 for the majority of the night so I decreased it to 12 and then to 11, but I'm wondering if I should go back to 12 since I've been having a couple of OA events every night. I also decreased my EPR to 2 from 3 and my autoramp is on with 10min. I still have CA events too, but not that much anymore. Another thing that I noticed is that sometimes I wake up with my mouth extremely dry, I think I may be breathing through it during the night, but that has been getting better too. I tried a chin strap but found it to be too uncomfortable. I've attached my last 3 nights. Should I change anything on my settings? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with settings after 2 weeks of use
I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Your centrals aren't severe and may very well resolve on their own. 
How long have you been using your therapy? EDIT: I see the title now.
Which mask are you using?
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, upsman! 

Yes, I've been using it for 2 weeks and a couple days now. The first few days I had loads of CA events, my events/hr was around 8/7. It decreased a lot since then but they still happen and much more than OA events, which I had 0 for a whole week I think. I'm using the AirFit N20, most of the time I don't have leaks, found it to be pretty comfortable even though my skin gets red/irritated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the dry mouth. You’re most likely mouth breathing without realizing it. 
I also used, and liked, the N20 and found that it worked much better a little looser than you would think. I switched to the N30i hybrid nasal mask and find it more comfortable.

You might give mouth taping a try, but most likely would do better with a full face mask. I’m one of the lucky ones who manage to be able to keep my mouth closed naturally and breathe only through my nose. I still get the occasional dry mouth, but nothing too bad. 

Take a look at this mask fit info and see if anything helps.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...FsHQ_pWENQ
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,488 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 911 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  3 Weeks in the World of APAP MaskedOne 2 311 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.