Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did I choose the wrong machine?
Did I choose the wrong machine?
So I originally have been using the Phillips respironics Dreamstation 1 which other than the recall I absolutely love. I ended up finding a ResMed aircurve 10ASV on facebook marketplace for an incredible deal. 200 for one with 9 running hours. Anyway my concern is that it seems like this unit is more for central sleep apnea and more advanced types. I am wondering if it would even work for me. I am fully comfortable going into clinical mode and all that. I did that with the phillips but basically just set it to auto cpap.

From what I  have been reading though ASV auto seems to be similar. I am just wondering if that would work fine for me as long as I just set the proper parameters and all that. My concern is just that I have regular sleep apnea and wondering if this unit is a bit much for me and perhaps I should have gotten another. Price is obviously not a concern as I got it used for cheap. I am just wondering if I should have possibly just got one with auto cpap mode.

All input is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,318 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 121 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 566 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,536 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 336 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 496 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 629 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.