Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
RE: Did Resmed change the Airfit P10 Ports?
Try without the ramp - or set the beginning to a lower level... you might just have too low pressure to breathe freely. Which dreamstation model do you have? As for the P10, try the next size up on the pillows; they won't go so far up your nose and you will have better airflow
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 12:32 PM)goodnite Wrote: as a new user of the p10 I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. It does seem hard to breath out and I find myself opening my mouth to get a deep breath but this is mostly during the ramp period. Does anyone else have trouble with it hurting your nostrils in the morning? I have been on this therapy for 6 weeks and have tried 5 masks now. I can't get any to work for me. I am very frustrated now.

If you would start a new thread and list what masks you have tried and what your problems with each were we might be able to offer some suggestions. Finding the correct mask for you can be a very daunting enterprise and just because a mask works excellently for someone does not mean that it will for you. There are, however some things that we may know to look out for.

Sorry to hear that you are still having to fight with it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Am not sure if they "redesigned" the exhalation ports, but I started using a new P10 a couple of weeks ago. The one and only night I used it, I was awakened about two hours into my sleep time with difficulty breathing and a gurgling sound coming from the heated tube. I disconnected the P10. On examination, I discovered the pillows and frame had drops of water accumulated, as well as in the short connecting hose. I drained the heated hose, went with an alternate mask, and slept soundly for the rest of the evening.

I suspected nearly complete blockage of the ports. My solution was to thoroughly clean the mask parts with hot soapy water and rinse in clear hot water. I paid particular attention cleaning and rinsing the mesh ports with a small toothbrush. I had not done an initial mask cleaning before use.

I tried it again for about an hour this afternoon. Air appeared to be exhausted normally and my O2 levels were acceptable.

I will give it an overnight test later and report back. I certainly do not want a repeat performance of night one. It was frightening/disorienting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 12:32 PM)goodnite Wrote: as a new user of the p10 I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. It does seem hard to breath out and I find myself opening my mouth to get a deep breath but this is mostly during the ramp period. Does anyone else have trouble with it hurting your nostrils in the morning? I have been on this therapy for 6 weeks and have tried 5 masks now. I can't get any to work for me. I am very frustrated now.

I don't use ramp. I need the starting pressure at 6 minimum.
Anything lower and I can't breathe without a lot of effort.

I also had trouble when I was using a size that was too small. I couldn't exhale enough air out (holes were too small). Also it was going inside my nostrils (just a bit) and sometimes painful after a full night. A larger size that sits outside the nostrils, and bigger holes, was a big improvement. I had been using lanolin cream with the smaller one, and didn't need it with the larger one.

Scrubbing the mesh one-time seemed to help some too.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 09:26 PM)WSHenry Wrote: Am not sure if they "redesigned" the exhalation ports, but I started using a new P10 a couple of weeks ago. The one and only night I used it, I was awakened about two hours into my sleep time with difficulty breathing and a gurgling sound coming from the heated tube. I disconnected the P10. On examination, I discovered the pillows and frame had drops of water accumulated, as well as in the short connecting hose. I drained the heated hose, went with an alternate mask, and slept soundly for the rest of the evening.

I suspected nearly complete blockage of the ports. My solution was to thoroughly clean the mask parts with hot soapy water and rinse in clear hot water. I paid particular attention cleaning and rinsing the mesh ports with a small toothbrush. I had not done an initial mask cleaning before use.

I tried it again for about an hour this afternoon. Air appeared to be exhausted normally and my O2 levels were acceptable.

I will give it an overnight test later and report back. I certainly do not want a repeat performance of night one. It was frightening/disorienting.

An update. Three nights on new P10 after thorough cleaning, rinsing and drying, and normal exhalation port operation. Checked O2, and levels well above 90% for most of the night. Crisis averted.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I am noticing a change in the Airfit P10 nasal pillow recently, beginning around March of 2017.  I've only been using the Airfit P10 since May of 2016, so can't speak to your January 2016 post.  Is anyone else noticing this most recent change?  The pillow is lighter-weight by 1 gram, seems to be so thin at the portion that inserts into the nares, that for some reason it irritates the nares by morning.  Perhaps vibrating the thinner tip of the pillow as the air is pushed through the hose and into the nose?
I have a call into my distributor and am trying to address the problem with ResMed and at least get some answers from the manufacturer. 
I use pure Lansinoh (HPA 100% natural preservative free Lanolin) around the nasal area which does help, but not completely.  That said, I love the Airfit P10 very much, and want to keep using it if I can keep the mucus membranes of the nares healthy.   Thanks Thanks in advance for any comments!
Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, DariaVader,  
In terms of the CPAP unit itself, I have the DreamStation Auto CPAP Hum Dom.  Date on base of the unit is 2/24/2016.  I really like it and the headgear/pillow.  I got lucky...It only took trying 3 other types of headgear, finally landing on the Airfit P10.   Too-funny   I'm so glad I kept at it and didn't give up.
I will try the next size up (med) on the pillow tonight.  
Linda
“The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water molds itself to the pitcher” – Chinese Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,631 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 117 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Anti-asphyxiation ports on ffm yankees123 6 140 04-09-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 360 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,631 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.