Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difference between ASV and ASVAuto
Difference between ASV and ASVAuto
On a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, what is the difference between the ASV and ASVAuto settings? When is one or the other indicated? I have central SA but little or no obstructive. My doctor had the machine set up on ASV mode, not ASVAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference between ASV and ASVAuto
ASV mode means static EPAP, used to control obstructive events, while AutoASV means automatically variable EPAP.

If you don't have any significant OAs, then I don't see any reason to change it.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difference between ASV and ASVAuto
In ASV mode, EPAP is a static or single number. ASV Auto presents EPAP as a Min and Max, making EPAP a range so as to allow EPAP to vary between the lower and upper limits. As one that has used the ResMed 10 ASV, I found that ASV Auto mode was more comfortable and made the ASV more effective. EPAP range gives the ASV added strength to be the airway stent more effectively. Since you can set a range, the airway is open but allows a bit lower EPAP for comfort if you need or want it. Then if obstructive events occur, it can automatically move EPAP up to combat the event.

Even if you don't have obstructive events, I would suspect the Auto mode to be more comfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,343 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,480 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 612 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,840 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,866 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] difference between sw to cf niro 1 530 08-28-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.