Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different pressure for different type mask?
RE: Different pressure for different type mask?
Agreed on trying settings a few days and build a trend. If you note frequent disruptions, the flow limits are still around .33 Max. And without EPR or higher Min pressure, they're not going anywhere.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different pressure for different type mask?
I do have to adjust my min & max pressures when I switch between my pillows and my FFM. I can't remember which one needs higher pressure for me, but I think it's the FFM.

What I notice is that when I switch to the FFM, I have trouble falling asleep because I keep waking up to the feeling of my throat collapsing (not enough pressure).

I would keep that higher pressure setting when I switch back to pillows (because that would be convenient), but I'm extremely prone to aerophagia so I need to keep my pressure as low as I can while still maintaining good treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
  Mask for High Pressure on ASV PamVT41 8 543 12-16-2023, 02:43 PM
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.