Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Different prices for masks
Different prices for masks
Hi

The price for the Resmed nasal cushion that I use is $31 from one of the large CPAP vendors. Ditto the headgear. On Amazon I have found vendors selling it at half that price. When I asked the first vendor why their parts are more expensive, they answered that their parts are new, unlike those sold on Amazon.
Can anyone confirm or disprove their claim?
And can anyone recommend vendors?

TIA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Different prices for masks
No one on Amazon sells used parts, and most specify Resmed brand. The difference is markup. Online suppliers normally have agreements with the manufacturer not to advertise below a certain price (minimum advertised price) and prices are fairly uniform between vendors. These are approved vendors that are often DMEs with online sales and they sell at MSRP or a slight discount. Amazon sellers are often distributors or retailers that are not bound by the manufacturer selling agreements. In general, there are three price levels. A DME normally sells to people with insurance, and you don't know what the contract price is for those supplies. The retail price from a DME is a fictional wish list that some people that don't know better actually pay. While there is sometimes service attached to a DME supplied part, it is normally best to find the best online price and buy there, especially if your insurance has high deductibles or copay. If you have insurance, be sure the supplier is in-network. Online sellers usually sell with minimal services attached, but they may verify prescriptions, and have regular DME sales. There are also sellers that get wholesale or surplus parts, and resell at a lower price. It is not uncommon for the same business to have a storefront that sells at full price, and a discount outlet that sells at much lower prices.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2020, 11:51 AM)Benzi Wrote: Can anyone confirm or disprove their claim?

TIA.

I believe anything sold on Amazon (if not new) must be marked as such. And I've never seen used Cpap supplies listed on Amazon.

Now if you were talking about EBay, that would be different. But products would still have to be labeled as new or used.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't do a whole lot of buying off of Amazon, but they do indeed, sell used stuff. I just placed an order for my wife, and she bought some used (but in new condition) drawer pull knobs for our kitchen. 

But yes, if an item is used, it has to be stated as such.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have purchased mask parts on Amazon for half of what the same company was selling them for on their own site. They weren't used or expired just different sales channels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I started using the Bleep, I would order masks (many different ones!), replacement parts, short hoses, filters (still order filters),etc., on Amazon. Everything I received was new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Simple : If you order some part and the packaging is open or not original packaging send it back.

It's a hygiene product, you must be the first one to open it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ordered everything on Amazon that can be ordered without prescription.
Challenge is often that the insurance does not pay for stuff bought on Amazon, and only pays for accessories / mask from official retailers / DMEs (and we keep wondering why the cost of healthcare is so high)

Everything i bought (for my mask) was new and in official "Resperonics" packaging. As i have to pay OOP anyways... Amazon is the place to be...
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife received the kitchen drawer pull knobs today that she ordered on Amazon. Although the ad stated they were used, all that she ordered were brand-new, still in their factory packaging. 

Let's just say she's a very happy camper............. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I buy my F&P nasal pillows on Ebay. They were new in sealed packages. The prices on Ebay, Amazon and discount suppliers are high. The DME prices are just ridiculous.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 122 2 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,729 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 511 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 440 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 520 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 522 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 449 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.