Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Disabled Smart Start
Disabled Smart Start
One night recently I switched back to nasal cushions from my usual face mask. In the morning, I looked at the data in OSCAR and discovered that there were seven sessions although there should have been only two, since I'd got up only once. Towards the end of the night the machine stopped and started the flow repeatedly - it was off for a total of over 20 minutes. Needless to say, I've disabled the Smart Start feature on my ResMed Air Sense 10. Never really saw the need for it anyway; how hard is it to push a button?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Disabled Smart Start
This feature used to work perfectly on the S9 series. Unfortunately, it has become a problem feature on the A10 series. Many have experienced and reported this problem, myself included. I don't know how it plays out on the newer AS11s.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Disabled Smart Start
My wife uses Smart Start on her Air whatever 10 (never can remember which one it is). She would fall asleep with her mask on and never turn the machine on. Most of this is due to the meds she is on. Once we turned on smart start it has worked quite well. Granted she uses a FFM and not nasal pillows so that may make a difference. I have an Air10 and never used Smart Start, but rarely do I forget to turn my machine on.

Basically, we are our own advocates and need to remember to do whatever works the best for us.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,455 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,274 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 538 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  airmini smart stop leads to many on/off events elliotg 4 564 10-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.