Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Discomfort of turning left & right in bed due to CPAP mask hose. Any suggestions?
RE: Discomfort of turning left & right in bed due to CPAP mask hose. Any suggestions?
I use a swing arm I made about 5 years ago, it work good for me.  It holds the tubing right above my pillow.  I tried linking a pic but this site want let me.  If you send me your email I'll send it to you.  Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Discomfort of turning left & right in bed due to CPAP mask hose. Any suggestions?
I like the above connection of the hose it swivels 360 degrees. They come in cradle, pillows and full face masks.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I position the hose so it runs down my chest and then sideways to the machine, under my arm. With that positioning, I can turn over freely without tugging on the mask. My arms keep the hose constrained. I do use a hose cover for comfort.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attach the image.  Links are not allowed for new users.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it's many years of practice, but I manage to change position frequently (arthritis and prostatitis) while managing the hose without a hose hanger or similar. sometimes I am aware of turning over while moving the hose, but mostly I'm not.

I have the machine below my bed with a corner of the hose tucked under my pillow; the rest joins me in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 05:30 AM)car54 Wrote: I am a side sleeper and rotate from the left to right throughout the night. Along with the hose hanger I use a cpap pillow. They have divots cut out where your cpap mask would lay so it doesn't shift on you.
If the price is right buying from Ebay is OK. I usually price something that is factory sealed.

car54

Wow I didn't know there was a CPAP pillow. Where do you get one? Can I see what it looks like? It must be pretty expensive I'd imagine.

Btw, here's a photo of one of the CPAP masks I saw on ebay that has the hose at the top of your head, which may make turning left and right easier. The only thing is that the hose may get under your ear sometimes when you toss and turn. What do you all think? Is this type of mask better for tossing and turning?

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
My hose hanger / holder is attached to the top of our bed's headboard. It's solid as can be and the "arm" swivels back and forth, so that it follows you as you switch from one side to the other side. 

As others have mentioned in the past, you can use a sticky hook attached to the wall, and that will pretty much serve the same purpose. That's a very simple way to go about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,919 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 245 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 303 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 287 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.