Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you have any idea why the mask leak indicator is not working?
Hi. I have a Respironics REM-star System One Auto A-flex unit. The unit has the mask leak indicator set to the "on" position. There are multiple occasions when I am preparing for sleep, have the mask on, the mask is partially removed from my face, and yet, the mask leak indicator never beeps.

There is a silent mode on this unit, but if the mask leak indicator is on (which it is) I believe there is supposed to be some type of beep even if the unit is in silent mode.

I move around a lot during my sleep, so I think it would be helpful for the mask leak indicator to work. The unit is fairly new, I received it in January 2013.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you have any idea why the mask leak indicator is not working?
(02-14-2013, 03:49 PM)nico08 Wrote: Do you have any idea why the mask leak indicator is not working?

Thank you.
if not mistaken the leak alert when a significant leak is detected
PR don,t say how high the leak have to go to trigger the leak alert

not sure if the mask has to be on your face or can be also be off your face for the leak alert to work

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do you have any idea why the mask leak indicator is not working?
You have to enable a "alarm when leak" submenu as well, if it is the same model as I have. But it only gives the alarm when there is a significant sustained leak - you may not be getting that great a sustained leak - also it knows what is a leak and what is a full removal of the mask, etc. the alarm will only kick in if there is also some feedback from your breathing as well, since the auto stop is achieved by simply removing the mask altogether, and if the leak alarm system kicked in under those circumstances you'd never hear the end of it....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 371 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.