Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you like CPAP or APAP
RE: Do you like CPAP or APAP
My AS10 for Her was initially set at 5-15 and it didn’t work out for a variety of reason. About 6-7 months in I consulted with Jason (LankyLefty27 on YouTube) and we determined CPAP was worth a go. I haven’t looked back. When on APAP I was constantly being awakened by excessive pressure that would not go down resulting in removing the mask and lost sleep. Now, I sleep through the night with a consistent pressure and feel fantastic.

This being said, treatment pressures are specific to each us. What works for me could be an utter failure for the next person.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to hear your reply Lucid and YipeekiOH.  After I posted my last response, I regretted that I should have just asked if anyone else followed either of these fellows. Since you engaged Lanky is good to hear. 

My experience is like Lucid. Decades ago, I remember with low pressure feeling like I could not breath and fight the machine. Like trying to breathe through a straw. Now with less than 10 I feel like it is not enough air. My old Phillips I think put out more air than my ResMed 11. 

It is not because I got older and fatter. I am older but lost weight since my first evaluation. But I guess the throat is not as firm as it used to be. 

I listen to the Aussie more than Lanky. I would like if Lanky stopped the sound effect bull.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Look what I got for Easter – a perfect night.

I may have convinced myself. I am not sure I would have had this result with a fixed CPAP. It appears that my machine pressure waves worked perfectly.

-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 424 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 583 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.