Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do you use dish detergeant for cleaning
RE: Do you use dish detergeant for cleaning
(02-05-2020, 01:45 PM)nohypopneanow Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 11:43 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Being overly cautious maybe, in regards to using detergents?

They also say.........Unplug your CPAP machine from the power source........even to remove the humidifier tub.  Rolleyes

I don't even unplug my machine in taking out the SD card for reading it.  Haven't had any problems.  I do, though, have a surge suppressor for my machine.  Also, I have a device that holds the power off for 4 minutes when the power goes off.  Have you ever had this in a storm where the power goes on and off a number of times before going totally out?
I think this device cost about ten to fifteen bucks.
See http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Protection for this Time Out protection thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't unplug my machine for much anything. I don't have it on a surge protector either, although I think I should. I have some surge protectors on hand, I just need to go out into my garage and find them. 

Removing the hose, changing air filters, pulling out the water tub, the machine stays plugged in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2020, 07:01 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Dawn dish detergent, warm water, rinse, air dry.    Over five years, absolutely no problems.

Same here with dawn, only on Sundays, unless I know I have a cold or flu then it's an every day full wash... 

At least every other day i wipe down everything with non-alcohol baby wipe...  Eat-popcorn
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I may be an outlier. My ResMed pillow gets washed in the shower daily by hand with a bar of bath soap. The hose gets soaked in unscented Dawn once a week, rinsed and hung to dry. The humidifier reservoir goes in the dishwasher once a week, and wiped down when it doesn't get completely dry. 2.5 years, no problems...yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of thing come to mind regarding cleaning. I think I read not to use bleach products (i.e. Clorox wipes) or things that might have petroleum products (i.e. baby wipes) which have oil in some brands. Is my aging mind remembering something wrong? Can't give the sources.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, unscented alcohol-free baby wipes, and avoid bleach. Agreed Your mind is fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Johnson baby shampoo works very well for cleaning - just sayin.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
No issues or problems at all, using the Clorox anti-bacterial wipes. The equipment I use them on gets discarded sooner or later anyways. I'm talking mask pillows and hose quiet elbows. 

The plastic on my masks show no ill effects what-so-ever, in regards to using the Clorox wipes.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no no sodium hypochlorite (bleach) in Clorox wipes. They are chlorine free. They employ other antimicrobial compounds.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
CINO Clorox In Name Only
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,859 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 197 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 257 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,944 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 215 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 429 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 664 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.