Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone have an tips on self titration for the Resmed aircurve 10 ASV?
RE: Does anyone have an tips on self titration for the Resmed aircurve 10 ASV?
(10-18-2018, 04:57 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: I just messed with my ASV aircurve 10 settings just to experiment. Can someone explain what is happening in my flow rate? I still dont quite understand how to understand the flow rate as far as inspiration and expiration. when does inspiration start and expiration begin?

I just added the mask pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I would have started with a lower mininimum epap of may be 6 rather than your value of 9, were the flow limitations bad ? In auto asv mode the machine will raise epap itself to treat flow limitations I see yours raises up from the minimum value to 9.5 anyway so 9 is probably fine.

But looking at your flow graph with the pressure you flow looks like you start to take a breath in and then stop so the asv gives its boost of pressure to continue your breath that is why to see the first blip above the 0 line your breath, then the second larger rise above the 0 line as the ASV provides pressure support to aid your breath.

I don’t know if that’s good or bad just explaining what’s happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2018, 11:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: I think I would have started with a lower mininimum epap of may be 6 rather than your value of 9, were the flow limitations bad ? In auto asv mode the machine will raise epap itself to treat flow limitations I see yours raises up from the minimum value to 9.5 anyway so 9 is probably fine.

But looking at your flow graph with the pressure you flow looks like you start to take a breath in and then stop so the asv gives its boost of pressure to continue your breath that is why to see the first blip above the 0 line your breath, then the second larger rise above the 0 line as the ASV provides pressure support to aid your breath.

I wish i was advanced at reading the flow chart the way that you and sleeprider are. Can you explain in a little more detail how you are able to come to this conclusion by looking at the mask pressure and flow graph? I need to get better with reviewing sleepyhead data in order to maximize sleep quality. How did you become good at reading the flow rate graph? Any tutorial? I read the manual by robysue but didnt feel like it explained how to actually interpret the graph in great detail.

Sleeprider would you like to chime in on this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2018, 02:02 PM)Michaely6 Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: I think I would have started with a lower mininimum epap of may be 6 rather than your value of 9, were the flow limitations bad ? In auto asv mode the machine will raise epap itself to treat flow limitations I see yours raises up from the minimum value to 9.5 anyway so 9 is probably fine.

I wish i was advanced at reading the flow chart the way that you and sleeprider are. Can you explain in a little more detail how you are able to come to this conclusion by looking at the mask pressure and flow graph? I need to get better with reviewing sleepyhead data in order to maximize sleep quality. How did you become good at reading the flow rate graph? Any tutorial? I read the manual by robysue but didnt feel like it explained how to actually interpret the graph in great detail.

just based on the fact there are zero events, we can assume you are over-titrated and could tolerate lower pressure.  If it was my choice, I would dial you back to initial titration protocol defauits of Auto ASV at EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15, PSMin 3.0, PSMax 15.0.  Do you know why these settings are selected? Also, are you certain events are turned on in Sleepyhead? (lower left corner of graphs)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8838]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2018, 03:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 02:02 PM)Michaely6 Wrote:

just based on the fact there are zero events, we can assume you are over-titrated and could tolerate lower pressure.  If it was my choice, I would dial you back to initial titration protocol defauits of Auto ASV at EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15, PSMin 3.0, PSMax 15.0.  Do you know why these settings are selected?  Also, are you certain events are turned on in Sleepyhead? (lower left corner of graphs)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8838]

Here is from last night and yes I'm sure events are turned on. I lowered EPAP to 8.0 and pressure support to 2MIN-7MAX. I changed it to these settings prior to reading your post. in noticed that my tidal volume dropped quite a bit after reducing pressure support and EPAP min. I'm 6'1 200 lbs btw if that info is important for tidal volume
Post Reply Post Reply
My flow limitation screen looks very active as well and I do not feel rested at all. These are a zoom in to my breathes. The last attachment looks pretty smooth for a few minutes. You can see my breaths shrinking a little in one of the screenshots as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respiration looks much better here, and I:E has normalized, but I think you should target tidal volume in the mid to upper 400s. You previously had 580 which is slightly high, but at the cost of disrupted looking breathing. There may still be room to lower EPAP min, but I think you will end up with PS min at 4-5 to reach ventilation goals. A PS min of 2.0 is too low, so increase in increments of 1.0 cm. Try EPAP min at 6.0 ans PS Min at 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2018, 07:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Respiration looks much better here, and I:E has normalized, but I think you should target tidal volume in the mid to upper 400s.  You previously had 580 which is slightly high, but at the cost of disrupted looking breathing. There may still be room to lower EPAP min, but I think you will end up with PS min at 4-5 to reach ventilation goals.  A PS min of 2.0 is too low, so increase in increments of 1.0 cm.  Try EPAP min at 6.0 ans PS Min at 4.0.

Thanks! I will try that tonight. What should u set the PSmax to?
Post Reply Post Reply
PS max should be 12.0. You barely used more than 6.0 last night which tells us you had no CA to mitigate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks. Sorry i forgot to ask this. Should i be concerned about the excessive amount of flow limitations?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 89 Today, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 962 Yesterday, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 138 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 669 Yesterday, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 210 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  AirCurve 10 asv vs AirCurve 11 asv Sterling147 3 190 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 136 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.