Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse?
Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse?
I have never tried either but looking to make an order, just curious if there is anyone who prefers the original Bleep Dreamport better then the new Eclipse?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse?
Interesting question.  

At church, I know quite a few cpap users and we often talk/share experiences/make recommendations.  There are 5 of us that have tried bleep eclipse.  Two have gone back to dreamports, one person who had never used dreamports, tried eclipse and hated them (so now they don't use either).   One person loves eclipse, and I am still trying to make eclipse work.  There are actually a couple of on-going threads about eclipse over at a DME-owned forum  

Doesn't seem promising, but the numbers are small (!!!), and I've heard from other sources that eclipse is a huge success, at least in terms of sales.

I'm not sure which I would recommend.  Dreamports are a more seasoned product, after a learning process of over a month (figuring out best orientation, how to remove excess oil from skin etc), I used for over 2 years with virtually 0 leaks.  I think eclipse applies easier (no plastic port to point down), but I'm struggling with magnetic frame staying attached--it will just pop off, sometimes several times in a night.  Easy to reattach, but it disrupts my sleep.

Wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but I think it partly depends on shape of nose, which means there isn't one answer for everyone.

Good luck in whichever you choose, If you have specific questions, please post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2023, 11:18 AM)SleepyMac Wrote: Interesting question.  

At church, I know quite a few cpap users and we often talk/share experiences/make recommendations.  There are 5 of us that have tried bleep eclipse.  Two have gone back to dreamports, one person who had never used dreamports, tried eclipse and hated them (so now they don't use either).   One person loves eclipse, and I am still trying to make eclipse work.  There are actually a couple of on-going threads about eclipse over at  [[ Auto Word Filter: links to DME-owned sites not allowed ]]  

Doesn't seem promising, but the numbers are small (!!!), and I've heard from other sources that eclipse is a huge success, at least in terms of sales.

I'm not sure which I would recommend.  Dreamports are a more seasoned product, after a learning process of over a month (figuring out best orientation, how to remove excess oil from skin etc), I used for over 2 years with virtually 0 leaks.  I think eclipse applies easier (no plastic port to point down), but I'm struggling with magnetic frame staying attached--it will just pop off, sometimes several times in a night.  Easy to reattach, but it disrupts my sleep.

Wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but I think it partly depends on shape of nose, which means there isn't one answer for everyone.

Good luck in whichever you choose, If you have specific questions, please post.

Thanks for the reply. Thats nice that you know some CPAP users in real life so you can share you knowledge with eachother and interesting range of opinions from the 5. That's really annoying that yours is popping off in the middle of the night. I was reading some of the mixed reviews on the bleep website, specifically that said the new eclipse ports are leaking which is what prompted me to make this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I understand, there was a manufacturing issue with the rings that caused them to lift off the pad creating a huge leak. I believe (but it’s mostly speculation) that is why eclipse is not readily available from DME’s -- production has slowed to a crawl while they fix/calibrate the production machines.

The fix (on our end) seems to be to take a rolling pin to the halo rings concentrating pressure over the metal rings (not the adhesive pads). That process has largely stopped the ring issue for me.

The frame popping off is another issue. I’m convinced it has to do with the shape of my nose/flexibility of the magnet rings to conform to the angle of the halo rings. Not sure there is too much I can do beyond hose management to reduce pulling from the frame. Working on a couple of ideas that hopefully are going to help. I may end up back on dreamports yet.

If you have any specific questions about either, I’ll give them my best shot.

Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the dreamports with great success.  It does take time to learn how to connect the ports but when you master it it is completely silent with no leaks.  Because of the connections sometimes be difficult to do I was looking forward to the eclipse.  When I received my order I also had nothing but problems with the ring pulling away from the adhesive usually after about four hours.  I spoke to the company and they sent me a few boxes that they had when were doing the initial testing.  I have had no problems at all with those halos.  I contacted the company recently and they said not to order yet as they needed a few more weeks to resolve the issue of the ring’s coming loose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 974 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,181 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Bleep Mask paulag1955 12 1,438 12-12-2023, 09:54 AM
  Bleep Eclipse Problem Steptoe 4 1,098 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,268 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 988 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,767 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.