Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone on here use a whoop?
Does anyone on here use a whoop?
Interested to see if anyone is using a whoop strap.  Would be interested to see differences between nights you used you machine vs nights you didn’t.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does anyone on here use a whoop?
Well, you managed to send me over to Mr. Google as I had no idea what a whoop strap was... Smile

We'll see if anyone else has used it.

New WHOOP Strap 3.0 Featuring WHOOP Live for Real Time Performance Monitoring. ... WHOOP is a wrist-worn wearable device that is designed to improve training, sleep and lifestyle choices with real-time feedback on the body.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol mr Google, but you’ve got the correct strap. Yes I’m very interested to see data as whoop was not compliant with my request... I understand that sort of, you don’t want to give out information but if it’s from one person asking a specific specific question I don’t see the harm in some data...
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2020, 10:46 AM)Gtm4192 Wrote: Lol mr Google, but you’ve got the correct strap. Yes I’m very interested to see data as whoop was not compliant with my request... I understand that sort of, you don’t want to give out information but if it’s from one person asking a specific specific question I don’t see the harm in some data...

If anyone here has used this product and have data from it, they will see your post and are free to respond.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a whoop strap I use it for holistic monitoring of my health and fitness I do not sleep without my machine so I would not have data of those nights but from a logical perspective my recovery would be reduced due to elevated HR due to waking up due to lack of O2 which would raise my resting HR I am less sure on the affect on my HRV. I have attached last nights sleep data but I only got 4hrs as I was working until late and woke up early due to issues at work.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24439]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 01:31 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: I have a whoop strap I use it for holistic monitoring of my health and fitness I do not sleep without my machine so I would not have data of those nights but from a logical perspective my recovery would be reduced due to elevated HR due to waking up due to lack of O2 which would raise my resting HR I am less sure on the affect on my HRV. I have attached last nights sleep data but I only got 4hrs as I was working until late and woke up early due to issues at work.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24439]
I understand not sleeping with your machine. And that’s a good approach to life in general. Thanks for sharing a chart of the night as well. Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well. I also agree with your thoughts as to the elevated hr. That’s why I am wanting to see others data as compared to mine. I am responding on my phone so I cannot attach a picture I don’t believe. But your graph looks over all looks lower than mine. I say lower but what I mean is less variation in your hr over the night you barley broke 75 less than a hand full of times and it came down immediately and didn’t go back up. I had 14 disturbances awake time 56 minutes and a lots of spikes near 75 to over 80. Thanks again for sharing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey just stumbled on to this post. I use a whoop strap now for the past 3-4 months and would love to see some others data as well. Im most interested in rem and deep sleep data. From a consistency standpoint I only get about 1hr 10 minutes of each and I get about 7 hrs of sleep a night. My whoop will say most of the time that im below the average (which is 35%) of restorative sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sister got her APAP!!!!! Whoop! Whoop! Evpraxia 7 3,134 10-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.