Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Doubting my Sefam S.Box
Doubting my Sefam S.Box
Hi all.

37 years old, diagnosed with mild OSA early last year (12.7 AHI) following a home study that did not suggest sleep apnea, but the subsequent hospital sleep study confirmed it. 
My current weight is 230lbs, so carrying maybe 20-30 unnecessary pounds, but also a lot of muscle (and a thick neck) due to gym work since I was 20. Overall, pretty healthy. And my OSA seemed present back in 2018 when I was about 210lbs, so I don't think it's weight related. I have a deviated septum, so only one nostril is functional most of the time.

I have been renting a Sefam S.Box from an equipment provider here since April (the Sefam is their default) with a Resmed F30i mask but I've had mixed results. Overall, I'm not as horrendously tired as I was pre-treatment, but I'm also not as recharged as I would expect to be after a full night's sleep. My S.Box settings have never been adjusted by my treatment team, still 4.0 - 20.0. No access to OSCAR, thanks Sefam. I've also read several poor experiences others have had on the S.Box, especially compared to the likes of the Resmed Airsense 10 or 11.
My overall treatment adherence has been good, with few missed nights, 5-7 hours usage.
AHI is generally very low, with monthly scores as low as 0.5 and as high as 1.6.
Leakage is never an issue.

So I'm wondering if I would be best to switch machine to a Resmed, allowing me to analyse my data via OSCAR, and adjust my treatment to see if it improves my sleep quality?

Any and all advice welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doubting my Sefam S.Box
I have replied here.

In summary, my change from the Sefam S.Box to the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset has been nothing short of life-changing. Even if you have to self-fund a Resmed, I'd recommend that you do so and keep a journal of whether you experience a breakthrough, as I did. (If you can rent first, even better).

Good luck on your journey. I hope you will soon have the same positive experience as I continue to enjoy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? dizzy1 4 87 04-24-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine? KeithR 38 10,549 04-24-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 166 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,333 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation 1 vs Sefam S.Box (S Box, SBox) dbcpap 6 1,486 12-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: DrJelly
  First night on Sefam S.box Rebdr 13 885 10-25-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,853 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.