Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Download [will OSCAR work on iPad Pro?]
Download [will OSCAR work on iPad Pro?]
I am having a problem downloading for my apple iPad Pro. I have a ResMed s9 . Will Oscar work for me? Need a little help. Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Download
Hi Mikec1962 - Welcome

OSCAR is written for the OS/X system. Since the iPad uses the iOS system (I think), I don't believe it will work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Download
It won't.

OSCAR requires a computer with an SD card slot or adaptor, and runs on Windows, MacOS v10.12-10.14, and can be compiled for most versions of Linux.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Download [will OSCAR work on iPad Pro?]
Anyone know if there are any plans to adapt OSCAR for iOS in light that the new Apple laptops will be migrating to iOS?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 06:07 PM)xntrick Wrote: Anyone know if there are any plans to adapt OSCAR for iOS in light that the new Apple laptops will be migrating to iOS?

I can honestly say that we talked about it in general.  That would take a ground up rewrite of OSCAR, including the data load portion and will not be easy.  I see this happening in the distant future simply because computers migrate from big to small and sooner or later what we call a desktop computer will be a thing of the past.  So figure MAYBE somewhere in the 10-20 year timeframe to be just considered. 

So the short answer is NO.
Post Reply Post Reply
As the OS for iPhones (iOS) shifts to iPadOS for the iPad, then sitting in-between iOS and MacOS, there is good reason to review trying to build it with Xcode. Having a FlashCard in the CPAP, it is already possible to read the CPAP data over wifi.
Don't expect it soon, but it must be possible...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that QT supports iOS, so that has to come first.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 06:24 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 06:07 PM)xntrick Wrote: Anyone know if there are any plans to adapt OSCAR for iOS in light that the new Apple laptops will be migrating to iOS?

I can honestly say that we talked about it in general.  That would take a ground up rewrite of OSCAR, including the data load portion and will not be easy.  I see this happening in the distant future simply because computers migrate from big to small and sooner or later what we call a desktop computer will be a thing of the past.  So figure MAYBE somewhere in the 10-20 year timeframe to be just considered. 

So the short answer is NO.

Bonjour Bonjour. Thank you for your answer above. I only have an IPad Pro with IPadOS (13.3) so it sounds like I won’t be able to use Oscar at this point. It’s really disappointing for me of course and would guess for many others as well. I’d appreciate any suggestions you have to advocate for an IOS version (or are there already efforts underway?). Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2019, 03:38 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I don't think that QT supports iOS, so that has to come first.

I search on the internet : https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/ios.html
--> It seems that there is a QT for Ios (And Android)

But I don't know if it's possible and easy to have a version for phone or tablet.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 441 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 241 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 658 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 546 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 323 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 463 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Software for iPad wallybru 4 1,106 09-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.