Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's
DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's
The DreamStation 2 uses two filters as did the DreamStation 1. There is an ultrafine filter that is recommended to be replaced monthly or more often if needed. There is a reusable 'Pollen filter which is coarser and washable, which is recommended to be replaced at six month intervals. During the course of having a DreamStation 1 for almost two years and now the DreamStation 2 for about a year and a half, my DME has never offered the Pollen filter in list of items that are due for replacement. They have religiously listed the (overpriced, off-branded) ultrafine filters routinely as well as other supplies, just never the coarser Pollen filter. I'm probably going to give my DME a call and ask why, but wondering if other DreamStation users have found their DME not resupplying the Pollen filter for their DS1 or DS2. There is an HCPCS code and the replacement recommendation for non-disposable filters, so I would think the DME would be providing these.
Note FWIW.... my supplies are covered under Medicare and insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's
Your insurance should replace the reusable filter every 6 months.  
It can be washed in between.  You're dealing with a DME who is not not knowledgeable.

Send them a copy of the Medicare replacement schedule that most insurance companies follow, and ask them to follow it.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_Schedule
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2 Filters & DME's
The DME does know the replacement intervals per the screenshot they have on their website, they just don't seem to be adhering to it for the non-disposable filter for some reason. They have supplied everything else shown without question, just not the non-disposable filters.
Yup, have been washing, but it has gotten to the point of dingy looking even after a Dawn and hot water wash.

[Image: 8X5W69B.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 85 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 395 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,467 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 828 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 526 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] airsense 11 filters..again solveforz 7 1,503 11-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.